Ontario Power Generation Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ontario Power Generation Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Ontario Power Generation

2.8

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process began with applying online for a 12 month engineering internship. Successful candidates were called for an interview, prior they ask for some identification (ie scanned license, passport, birth certificate). The interviewing processs was one round with six set questions asked to every candidate. After a successful interview you are offered a job, which will be the specific area you will work in over your internship.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you have had a very tight schedule with more work than you were able to do, what did you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ontario Power Generation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

I applied online and the process was relatively straightforward. They'll notify you by phone or email for an interview if they are interested. The details will be provided there. The interview process involved doing a security clearance and answering some behavioural questions during a 1 hour interview. Before the 1 hour interview when you first check in, there are some current interns and staff members to talk to you in a group with other interviewees about the company and their work experience. Overall, it was very comforting and a straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an interview request after two weeks. Very easy going process. Only tedious work was preparing applications before going to the interview. Questions were all behavioral, they want to see what type of person you are.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

One hour with two senior engineers, they asked 6 behavioral questions and no technical questions. Got an offer after a bit more than a month, but rejected due to it being at a branch that required relocating.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you made something more efficient.   Answer Question
    • What is a time where you took initiative?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation where you brought up a problem to someone of authority.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)).

Interview

45 min interview at Pickering location and then 10 minute information review with HR. Questions strictly involved behavioral questions with 2 members of the OPG team. One of them was an Engineer, and the other part of HR.

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied in mid october, interviewed at the beginning of november, heard back at the beginning of december. Interview used star-method and was very focused on team experiences. Interviewed with two people, and the entire day seemed to be prepared for interviewing students.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took initiative to increase efficiency in something   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university's job board, heard back less than a week later. It was a basic behavioral interview, and they wanted all answers to be in STAR (situation, task, action, result) format. Interviewed by two engineers, very friendly and overall positive experience.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Applied online through my university's job portal. Received a call/ email for when the interview time would be. It was a simple behavioral interview. Took a couple months to hear back if I got hired. Got hired past when the deadline was supposed to be.

Interview Questions

• Simple behavioral questions such as: Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

There were four behavioural questions and two get-to-know questions. There was also a writing test and a mock presentation to complete. There were 2 managers and 1 HR representative at my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to solve a complicated problem in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

applied online in October. Interviewed in November and received an offer in early December. The interview was 5 behavioral questions. You have to force your previous experience into your awnsers because they will not directly ask for it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to report that something was wrong?   Answer Question