Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions

Interviews at Ontario Power Generation

2.9

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you accomplished something significant that wouldn’t have happened if you had not been there to make it happen.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to analyze facts quickly, define key issues, and respond immediately or develop a plan that produced good results.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

they will ask about your skills and qualifications and how it can enhance/help in the dept for which you have applied. It's all about thinking about how to use current skills and making a difference in a new environment.

a

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds of panel interviews. the first one was conducted by two human resources managers. Your direct managers would hold the second one.

Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Called for an in-person interview about a month after submitting a cover letter and resume. They also communicated by email. They were nice and kept you informed on what to bring. Interviewed by two people. They were friendly and it didnt take too long.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Why OPG?
      What is a challenge you overcame?   Answer Question

Coop Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Bowmanville, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

Straightforward behavioural based questions. There were 1 person who interviewed me and the entire process took around 30 minutes. one of the things to make sure you do is to research Ontario power generation before you decide to go to the interview.

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Invited to interview 1-2 weeks after. Went through 3 interviews 2 over the phone 1 in person. Told a decision will be made 2 weeks after but heard nothing since then. No reply for emails or phone calls. I expected a no is the answer. The interview process is okay but to be honest I felt unpleasant when I was ignored by the HR after the interview. I could have accepted other offers a lot earlier if not wait for this one. I'm wondering if anyone else had similar experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard, mostly give us an example type of questions.   Answer Question

Electrical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

You do an online aptitude test. And then get selected for the interviews process. You have to go through an involved security clearance process, that may take 2 months. Usually you hear about their decision by early March.

Interview Questions

• How did you bounce back from a mistake you made before?
      The interview is half basic electrical questions & half behavioral questions. The interviewers looked like the people who would be mentoring.

They were very understanding & accommodating.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process began with applying online for a 12 month engineering internship. Successful candidates were called for an interview, prior they ask for some identification (ie scanned license, passport, birth certificate). The interviewing processs was one round with six set questions asked to every candidate. After a successful interview you are offered a job, which will be the specific area you will work in over your internship.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you have had a very tight schedule with more work than you were able to do, what did you do?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

I applied online and the process was relatively straightforward. They'll notify you by phone or email for an interview if they are interested. The details will be provided there. The interview process involved doing a security clearance and answering some behavioural questions during a 1 hour interview. Before the 1 hour interview when you first check in, there are some current interns and staff members to talk to you in a group with other interviewees about the company and their work experience. Overall, it was very comforting and a straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an interview request after two weeks. Very easy going process. Only tedious work was preparing applications before going to the interview. Questions were all behavioral, they want to see what type of person you are.