Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions

Interviews at Ontario Power Generation

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)).

Interview

45 min interview at Pickering location and then 10 minute information review with HR. Questions strictly involved behavioral questions with 2 members of the OPG team. One of them was an Engineer, and the other part of HR.

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied in mid october, interviewed at the beginning of november, heard back at the beginning of december. Interview used star-method and was very focused on team experiences. Interviewed with two people, and the entire day seemed to be prepared for interviewing students.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took initiative to increase efficiency in something   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university's job board, heard back less than a week later. It was a basic behavioral interview, and they wanted all answers to be in STAR (situation, task, action, result) format. Interviewed by two engineers, very friendly and overall positive experience.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Applied online through my university's job portal. Received a call/ email for when the interview time would be. It was a simple behavioral interview. Took a couple months to hear back if I got hired. Got hired past when the deadline was supposed to be.

Interview Questions

• Simple behavioral questions such as: Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

There were four behavioural questions and two get-to-know questions. There was also a writing test and a mock presentation to complete. There were 2 managers and 1 HR representative at my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to solve a complicated problem in a team.   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied through University, had a 30 minutes phone interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions. There were two guys on the phone and took notes as i answered the questions. It was pretty laid back interview.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation in January 2015.

Interview

Two gentlemen spoke with me on the phone, taking turns asking me behavioural based questions. Last question was whether or not I had questions myself and that was it! Very straightforward and to the point interview. Got a call 1 month after the phone interview offering me the position. Security clearance after the fact took 1.5 months to complete as they are very thorough.

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted for about 45 minutes. It was with the hiring manager and the manager of the controls section. The interview was at the Pickering location. I got a response within 2 weeks of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about OPG?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

Typical. you go in and they tell you about the position and then ask you questions then ask you if you might have any questions. then go over some procedural info

Interview Questions

• What challenges face OPG?
      What is it that interests you about this position   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Great. One hour interview with 2 people. Very casual and relaxed. They talked a lot about the position and what I would be doing. The entire process took well over 3 months. The interview consisted of behaviour questions and technical questions regarding the position specifications.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a difficult team member.   Answer Question