Ontario Power Generation Modification Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Ontario Power Generation Modification Team Leader Interview Questions

Interviews at Ontario Power Generation

1 Interview Review

Modification Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through agency in early November, 2016. Received request for interview in early December, 2016. Got job offer 1 week later. Started 2 weeks after interview (end of December, 2016).

Note that I already had my OPG security clearance, and this may have contributed towards a swift hiring process.

I was Interviewed at Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, by 2 hiring managers (no HR because applied through agency). They had a booklet with behavioral questions that they have to ask in order to rank candidates, and a list of technical questions prepared.

Lastly, I personally think a lot of 'Modification Team Leader' interviews (or contract position in general) are conducted during this period (December). I suspect it is because this is their end-of-fiscal-year, and they have a good indication of how much budget they can spend for next year, and how many staff they can hire.

Interview Questions

• Combination of behavior (~80-90%) and technical (~10-20%). Note, some technical questions are for people with past experience. New grads/contractors/etc. do not need to worry about knowing the details of these. Also, for behavioral question, use past examples (i.e. what you HAVE DONE), not what you would do.

Background-based Questions:
    Tell me about yourself?

Behavioral Questions:
    Tell me about a time where you improved an inefficient process?
    Tell me about a time where a member was being unaccountable on a project?
    Describe a time when you were faced with a challenging situation and how you handled it.
    Tell me about a time where you contributed significantly toward a project?
    Describe a time when you had conflict with a co-worker.

Technical Questions:
    Describe the Engineering Change Control process.
    Describe the 5 phases of the Modification Process.
    Describe the name and agreement that OPG has with its unions.
    Describe the steps and documents you would take/complete if a modification needs to be carried out.   1 Answer