Ontario Power Generation Nuclear Operator In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ontario Power Generation Nuclear Operator In Training Interview Questions

Interviews at Ontario Power Generation

Nuclear Operator In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

online aptitude test, 1 hr interview, in-house aptitude test to validate you were the person who did 1st one, reference check. Interviewers were two senior nuclear operator managers. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult team member?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you improved a process or design?   Answer Question
  • What was the hardest challenge you ever faced in the workplace?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ontario Power Generation

Nuclear Operator In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Ontario, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Skype interview with two operators, in what seemed to be someone's home and not black-and-white office I'd expect. They were sitting right in front of the window, so I couldn't see their non-verbal responses too good. Not sure if intentional. Looks like they were not wearing anything fancy, just semi-formal sweaters and jeans. No three-piece suit for sure.

Interview Questions

• They specifically asked to respond with real life examples, not "if I were i'd do this" hypothetical stuff. Which is kinda hard for a trainee candidate but ok. Again take this review with a grain of salt because I think I didn't make the cut.

The interview consisted of two parts, your usual "describe us when you had this situation and what did you do about it", safety attitude questions, STAR format mostly.

The second part was technical questions, what is kilowatt-hours, what's convection-vs-conduction. No questions regarding previous operating experience, unfortunately. I was prepared to go into great detail about my co-op and lab experience, just to show that I'm interested in a career as an operator. They seem to be more interested in a solid groundwork in technical knowledge and interpersonal communication skilllset.   Answer Question

Nuclear Operator In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online in September 2018 and I was asked to complete the online aptitude test. Process took 3+ months to call for the interview in January 2019. Interview was half technical and half behavioral. Received offer in March 2019.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were basic nuclear, physics and chemistry.   Answer Question
    • Behavioral questions were about previous experiences relevant to the studies or work (based on your situation).   Answer Question