Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Engineer/Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were two interviewers. One was the person I would report to while the other was a technical colleague. The interview lasted about an hour and the process was pleasant and cordial. There were about 10 questions most of which were behavioural in nature with a few technical ones at the end. The material on this site is good preparation for an interview

Interview Questions

• * Tell me about a time you did something that made a process more efficient
      * Describe something you did or didn't do that caused a project to go over budget
      * Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it
      * Describe a time you were given an important task on a tight schedule and how you managed it   Answer Question

Developmental Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through school website. After about a month, I got a phone for setting up an phone interview. It was a phone interview with two managers on the other side of the line. Lasted about an hour. It was mostly behavioral based questions, and some from my resume and projects.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

called directly by senior manager, arranged in-person interivew time, received a detailed email, replied as confirmation, a week later panel interview with senior manager and director, 60 minutes, submitted a reference check form during interview. very straightfoward process

Interview Questions

• What do you know about OPG and what area do you see potential for improvement?
      What's your career plan and how does OPG fit into that?
      Tell us about yourself.   1 Answer

Nuclear Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Behaviour based questions, 40 min, Asked which department I would be most interested in working at. Basic knowledge of the different areas of the plant should be known. pretty straight forward, interviewers were friendly and gave time to think about answers. try to reflect on past experiences as much as possible and how they relate to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• what was a time that you made a mistake that affected others and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • what is a challenge that you overcame   Answer Question

Summer Co-op Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

very friendly! kind of long but other good. got an invite for interview, went for the interview. asked about ongoing work, opg. apparently there was 647 applicants, used 2 rounds of filter and then manager read individual cover letters to pick 5 candidates out of 12.

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through the OPG and University website. Was contacted to set up the first and only interview. The interview had two interviewers and consisted of behavioural, technical and brain teaser questions. Everyone was friendly and gave you time to think and jot down assumptions for brainteasers.

Nuclear Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Standard 45 minute interview, they asked six behavioral questions. The interviewers were extremely polite and made the entire interview a pleasant process. They kept asking how certain actions of others made me feel while I was giving responses which I found a little awkward. Other than that there is nothing significant worth noting.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of repetitive task or project from school or work that you didn't like doing?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

they will ask about your skills and qualifications and how it can enhance/help in the dept for which you have applied. It's all about thinking about how to use current skills and making a difference in a new environment.

a

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

There were four behavioural questions and two get-to-know questions. There was also a writing test and a mock presentation to complete. There were 2 managers and 1 HR representative at my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to solve a complicated problem in a team.   Answer Question

Manager Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2009.

Interview

Strictly checklist items. Questions on experience and suitability for a unionized environment. Very much concerned about experience managing people.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience managing unionized staff   1 Answer