Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences Interview Questions

Interviews at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people fairly good and average interview ,10 technical questions from SQL ,SSIS and some HR and Technical Questions on interview .they prefer mostly working on Dashboard reports as for this role.

Interview Questions

• How to you Create Dashboard Reports without Client Information?   Answer Question

Registered Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Whitby, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Panel of 2 interviewers. You sit down and they welcome you and explain the hospitals feelings about recovery. They ask you a bunch of questions and the interview is scored out of 100, the candidate with the highest score "wins" the job.

RPN's who are external are usually only considered for temporary jobs. Permanent jobs for RPN's are usually given to temporary employees or full-time staff who need to move to parttime. Once you get a temporary job it is fairly easy to become permanent.

It's easier to get permanent part time as an external candidate if you are an RN.

Full time jobs usually go to internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• What does recovery based care mean to you?
      What would you do if a client was smoking on the ward?
      What would you do if you found a client laying on the floor unresponsive?
      What do you know about mental health forms?
      How do you incorporate the mental health act into your practice?
      Tell me about a time you did not get along with a co-worker?
      How do you incorporate cultural sensitivity into your practice?
      What education and experience do you have that relates to this position?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Panel interview with three individuals. Very informative and fair interview process. A number of questions and scenarios. Fairly standard process. Nothing unexpected per say. Finished within 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Switchboard Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was very professional . There were 3 interviewers who asked a series of questions . There were a lot of “ tell me about a time questions “ One was very friendly , one was very quiet and the other was very serious.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if our system went down ?   1 Answer

Decision Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Whitby, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had an interview for a Decision support position; I took the day off to meet with them. They promised to get back to me in 2 weeks with a decision (negative or positive). I did follow-up with them, nobody reply to my e-mails. Before the interview an ex employee told me that she doesn’t recommend that place for me because the managers are unorganized and don’t treat people with respect, now I understand her better.

RPN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the clinical manager and the recruitment manager. The position was for the Forensic Assessment Unit. They were both very welcoming and made me feel very comfortable during the interview. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What experience and qualifications do you possess for this position?
      What are the components of the MSA
      What are the risk factors for someone that is suicidal?
      What do you do if your patient is in crisis?
      What does recovery mean to you?
      What is a forensic patient and tell me everything you know about forensic unit
      What is involved in the quality assurance program
      Tell me about a time you had conflict with a co-worker and how did it get resolved?
      Tell me some ways you can be provide proactive care to the patient
      Do you have any questions for us?   Answer Question