Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Panel interview with three individuals. Very informative and fair interview process. A number of questions and scenarios. Fairly standard process. Nothing unexpected per say. Finished within 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Registered Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Whitby, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Panel of 2 interviewers. You sit down and they welcome you and explain the hospitals feelings about recovery. They ask you a bunch of questions and the interview is scored out of 100, the candidate with the highest score "wins" the job.

RPN's who are external are usually only considered for temporary jobs. Permanent jobs for RPN's are usually given to temporary employees or full-time staff who need to move to parttime. Once you get a temporary job it is fairly easy to become permanent.

It's easier to get permanent part time as an external candidate if you are an RN.

Full time jobs usually go to internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• What does recovery based care mean to you?
      What would you do if a client was smoking on the ward?
      What would you do if you found a client laying on the floor unresponsive?
      What do you know about mental health forms?
      How do you incorporate the mental health act into your practice?
      Tell me about a time you did not get along with a co-worker?
      How do you incorporate cultural sensitivity into your practice?
      What education and experience do you have that relates to this position?   Answer Question

Decision Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Whitby, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had an interview for a Decision support position; I took the day off to meet with them. They promised to get back to me in 2 weeks with a decision (negative or positive). I did follow-up with them, nobody reply to my e-mails. Before the interview an ex employee told me that she doesn’t recommend that place for me because the managers are unorganized and don’t treat people with respect, now I understand her better.