Onyx Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Onyx Brands

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumelle, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Onyx Brands (Maumelle, AR).

Interview

The first interview was nice but a lot of false promises or statements were made. The second interview was cutting and the owner was very harsh. She offered way less that what was originally considered and made comments about people that were rude.

Interview Questions

• About childcare and vacation because I would be working long hours.   1 Answer

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Onyx Brands (North Little Rock, AR) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview started off as nothing special. I waited for a while after talking with the secretary. She informed me the CEO was with another interview. Odd to schedule them so close together, but I didn't think much of it at first. After a while the CEO came out to talk to me in a separate room. She started quite bluntly and rather rudely grilling me for information
     that she should have had available by my resume while checking the time impatiently every so often. She barely glanced at my portfolio and acted as if I was barely in the room while asking her questions. She interrupted several times and asked why I hadn't had a "permanent" or "stable" job in the last five years, despite having obviously been in college until 2015, and have worked full time contract positions since trying to find a full time, permanent job that reflected my skillset. Then after her profound rudeness throughout the beginning, she hinted that she didn't believe my skills were up to par and needed her test to be sure, while simultaneously letting me know that I would be making severely less than my last position. So not only did she imply that I was incapable before her little test even began, she wasn't even going to pay me properly for someone with the skillset. Then after a while of sitting and waiting, she said that her last interview was still taking her (2 hour) test, come to find out, and asked if I would come back at a later date to finish it (she was lying, she had her secretary email me later to inform me they had filled the position). I was dumbfounded by the whole experience until I looked here at her reviews. She really is as bad as the reviews here have asserted. I have never been so relieved to *not* get a job offer. What a horrid woman and I feel sorry for anyone who has the displeasure of working for her.

Interview Questions

• Why have you not had a "stable" job in the last five years?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Onyx Brands (Little Rock, AR) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long and their were lots of unknowns. It seemed like I was waiting for weeks after I was offered the job just to hear back. Everything I was told in the interview seems to have been lies. I was told this was temporary to permanent position, but when I was let go I was told it was always a temp position.

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Onyx Brands in July 2014.

Interview

A joke...the question did not even pertain to the job. Just keep looking, if you're looking for a job. Trust me!!! Stay away at all costs!!! You will only loose your life to this people!

Interview Questions

• None that were worth a cent.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not Hard...

PD BRAND MANAGER (FORMER) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumelle, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Onyx Brands (Maumelle, AR) in January 2014.

Interview

The CEO will interview you in person for the first time. Also, You will have an excel test in the first interview, and I think is a little bit hard. If you get approved, you will have your department supervisor to interview you for the second interview. If it's all done, then they will tell you to go to the 3rd time, and tell you which position you are in and the salary.

Graphic/Spec Pack Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Onyx Brands (North Little Rock, AR) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I saw the posting online for this company, sent my resume via email and got a respond the next day.

I scheduled an interview that week (it was a staffing agency at first). The person in the staffing agency was very nice, I showed her some of my work and she was very easy to talk to. She told me she would set up with an interview with the owner asap.

I got a call back the next day and I scheduled another interview the following week. The interview process and respond time was incredibly fast. I indicated that the sum of the process was two weeks, but the delay was on my scheduling part. They usually responded the next day.

The interview with Marsha Martin went well. I do admit that I did a little research prior to the interview, read the comments here and I was scared. But on first impression, she didn't seem as intimidating as described. We talked for about an hour regarding designs, what was expected of me, spec packs, package designs, etc.

I received a job offer the next day after the interview and I did accept.

I was told by the staffing agency who've recruited for Onyx (I'm assuming many times) that I was going to be given a software test. I wasn't. I came prepared with portfolio items and my resume which showed my proficiency and experience with the softwares - so that may be the reason I didn't have to take the test.

You'll be asked questions such as what type of software are you comfortable using, do you know what a spec pack is? Are you comfortable on working on multiple projects at a time? She also mentioned that the hours vary depending on how fast you work, or how slow (but typically it is 45 hours) and she said that there will be many revisions.

The staffing agency (prior to the owner interview) also mentioned that typically many people work overtime, so they did give a fair warning on the work load which was the biggest complaint that I've seen on this website about the company.

Interview Questions

• What software do you use to design? Are you familiar with spec packs?   Answer Question