Ooyala Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ooyala (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Three step interviews. I applied through university career website and HR got in touch with me in about a week.

1. Phone call with HR. Mostly let you know about Ooyala and talked about the position. Ask a little question about your resume and some simple behavior questions. No technical questions.
2. Webcam + Google Document with one of the dev manager. Some behavior questions. Very simple coding question that comes in series - first write a simple method that does something, then follow up changes some condition and ask you to change the codes, repeat this a few times. And questions about your basic programming knowledge such as what is OO, give example of inheritance, what does static mean in java...
3. Onsite panel interview. Interviewed with 5-6 people from all dev teams. Some behavior questions helping them to know you, why choose Ooyala, what do you expect from the job, whats your greatest strength, etc. Technical questions are more difficult than before. Dijkstra's algorithm, recursive fibonacci... Also database design and SQL query question, math questions about clock hand angle.

First two step was pretty easy, but was kind of thrown off by the third interview, both by the number of interviewers and the broad range of technical questions. Interviewers are pretty friendly but you have to do most of the talking during the onsite interview. HR very friendly but may take some time to respond to you.

I got a reject email a few days after the third interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design a database for a movie-actor lookup system, and follow up questions on writing several queries.   Answer Question

Ooyala Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review and happy to see you enjoyed the experience. I am sorry its wasn't a fit. Hope you landed a great internship