Ooyala Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ooyala Sales Representative Interview Questions

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ooyala.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Fairly basic screening; walk me through your background, why Ooyala, what interests you about sales. He tells me that if I made it through, the VP of Sales will contact me for another phone conversation.

The VP of Sales emails me and asks if I can speak the next day. I tell him yes and give him my hours of availability. The next day, no phone call, so I email him towards the end of the day and ask if he'd just like to reschedule for another time. Still no response. I manage to add him on Linkedin and send him another message through there. Still no response.

A week later, he FINALLY manages to find the time to respond and we set up a time to speak. Fairly easy interview, asked about my educational background, why I left my previous position, why I want to work in sales. At the end of the conversation, he told me that other applicants had more sales experience, so he asked why he should hire me.

After speaking early November, I've yet to hear anything back. Felt quite unprofessional, as if I was just "thrown away" without even the decency to at least send a rejection email.

Interview Questions