Ooyala Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ooyala Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ooyala

1 Interview Review

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ooyala in June 2012.

Interview

I'm a bit confused by the whole interview process here, however everyone I dealt with was very nice.

My first phone interview was quite strange. For a position that is scripting heavy, I did not perform any scripting tasks. My tasks were solving bizarre problems on a linux machine that I can't imagine would ever come up in the actual job, and did very little to demonstrate my technical skills.

My second phone interview was extremely strange. The hiring manager called me from his commute home on caltrain, which made it difficult to have a 'comfortable' conversation. This interview was also a technical skills interview. Again, I feel I did not have a chance to demonstrate my technical ability as I was fighting to communicate clearly.

Some of the things he asked me to do was drill into some of the tools I've created, which is a bit difficult to do while still honoring my NDA with my employer.

It seems like this would be a fantastic place to work and my interest in the position was quite high. It seems like the operations here are top notch, but I was generally disappointed with the interview process.

Interview Questions