Ooyala Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ooyala Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ooyala

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ooyala (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

easy going, well managed and organized. all trip are arranged. there is a interview team of 4 including engineering department, operations, commercial. most questions asked are technical questions and there are a few behavior questions such as your strength weakness accomplishment, why you leave the current position and what you are looking for at the new place.

Interview Questions

Ooyala Response

Aug 1, 2016 – Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to meet with us. Hope the job search is going well.

Other Interview Reviews for Ooyala

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ooyala (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with development and executive team. Had a great session. Computers are Mac OS X. Environment is MySQL. Servers are Ubuntu. Local environment includes vagrant.

Interview Questions

Ooyala Response

Jan 6, 2016 – Global Director Talent Acquisition

FANTASTIC! Welcome to Ooyala!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ooyala in September 2016.

Interview

Pathetic voice. The voice was not clear at all. I had to repeat his words again and again. I didn't find him friendly and he missed one interview date also though he apologized for that. Bad interviewer and my hard luck :(
    The questions were from resume and the one coding question.

Interview Questions

Ooyala Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. I am so sorry to hear this was a bad experience. I will work with the mgr and interview team to improve the overall experience. Best of luck

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ooyala (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The overall process is good. I liked that I wasn't spammed by technical questions, it was mostly theoretical and design conversation. I was talking to principals and seniors, so all conversations and questions was professional and well deliberated

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I can reduce CPU load for client app   Answer Question

Mar 13, 2017 – Global Director Talent Acquisition

WELCOME!!!!! Thanks for the review!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ooyala (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I did not have a good experience. In phone interview wasted 30 mins just talk about my related work, which I have already explained to recruiter. Finally, he asked a coding question he explained it properly and took at least 10mins. Although, the question explanation was good. Finally, I could not solve the problem because of time constraints and got panic.

Interview Questions

• Given : Array of integers {1,2,3,4}, map of {1-->a,2-->b..26-z}
      Output : {a,b,c,d},{l,c,d},{a,w,d}...etc..all combinations   1 Answer

Jan 6, 2016 – Global Director Talent Acquisition

Sorry for the poor experience. The recruiter feedback should have been shared with the phone interviewer. Its normal for the interviewer to spend a few minutes on past exp but 30 min is a bit much. Thanks for the feedback

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ooyala in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process for my position consist of phone interviews (all coding). The questions could take time to think about, but not too difficult if you have strong background in general computer science and/or have been preparing for interviews.

The recruiter was nice and helped me move forward as fast as possible understanding my situation.

Interview Questions

Ooyala Response

Oct 5, 2015 – Global Saffing Director

WELCOME TO OOYALA!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ooyala (Mountain View, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The Recruiter has contacted me through LinkedIn and invited me for an informal visit on site, where he showed me the office in MV and introduced me to some employees. Since I had some technical questions about the technology they work on, I had a 1:1 Q&A with an engineer, who explained me some things about their architecture. After this office visit I applied with my CV and was invited for a technical interview. The interviewer was a senior software engineer. Though he is a very qualified person in his profession, I had the impression he saw my CV for the first time. He asked some questions about my projects and education, however there was literally no feedback/follow up questions from his side, which made it difficult to understand what he wants to hear about. I gave him an overview over my educational background, internships and projects and expected him to ask more specific questions, but he just went on with the technical part of the interview (whiteboard coding). After the technical part he asked me if I have any questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Given an object hierarchy (like in JavaScript), write a function that returns the depth of an object in this tree which is passed to the function.   2 Answers
    • Write a method which transforms an integer into a binary number, no libraries using (on a whiteboard).   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ooyala in April 2014.

Interview

My recruiter found me through my github account. I was contacted by email, we schedule a first phone call and then an online programming test, very easy. In my first tecnical phone interview I solved 2/3 problems. In my second interview I solved 3/3 problems. I was interviewew in it's offices in May 2014, in Mexico.

Interview Questions

• Given a tree (not a binary or binary search tree), create a function to convert the tree into an array, create another function that reconstruct the tree from the array. The running time and memory usage should be O(n).   2 Answers

Nov 3, 2014 – Staffing manager

Happy to hear the process went smoothly. Best of luck to you

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ooyala in April 2012.

Interview

They contacted me after a week that I apllied. HR is relly a kind person. Then they ask me to answer a skill test.

Interview Questions

• Write a method to recibe a String and to return the string processed as a palindrom.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ooyala in February 2010.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me upon my application for a position. We talked about my interests and experience. He said they will review my resume and let me know. After about three weeks they came back with a request to arrange for a phone interview. The phone interview was held and the interviewer was very polite.
    He asked me a few questions about me and my work and then he asked me to code a problem. They use a shared doc for coding questions like many companies.

Interview Questions

• from an array of numbers find if the sum of any 2 members exists in the array.   1 Answer