Open Systems International Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Open Systems International Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Open Systems International

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Medina, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a Project Manager position, and received a phone call to set up the first phone interview within one to two weeks of application submission. The first phone interview was a high level overview of my past work experiences and my educational background.

The second phone interviewer was trying to get to know how I would fit into the organization. What skills did I currently have that would transfer to OSI, specifically in my role?

OSI paid for my flight to my on-site interview and was extremely accommodating. I went through a series of one-on-one interviews with numerous VPs in the company, as well as my direct supervisor and HR. Although it was a bit intimidating at first, it really helped me to learn more about the company, and the people that make it what it is.

There was a written portion of the interview, which I wasn't necessarily prepared for. HR reassured me that it was just one piece of the puzzle, and it wouldn't make or break my candidacy. I suggest looking over a few logical puzzles and work problems before your interview, and refresh your basic math skills. The written section concluded with both traditional and nontraditional interview questions.

Overall, I was very pleased with the interview process. It gave me a good idea about what working at OSI would really be like.

*As a side note, the process took around three months for me, not because of OSI's processes, but due to my previous commitments.

Interview Questions

• What IS business?   1 Answer
  • The questions were not the typical "tell me your strengths and weaknesses." It was more applications of skills and stories to explain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As far as I am aware, OSI isn't very big on negotiating contracts due to their extensive industry reasearch. There are also numerous bonuses offered throughout the year, to keep you motivated!

Other Interview Reviews for Open Systems International

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems International (Plymouth, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

I met the VP of Human Resources at a University of Minnesota Job Fair, where we talked about skill sets and company focus. I shared with him my background, experience, and education level and we discussed whether or not I would be a good fit. He invited me to apply, so I did.

My first official contact from the company was an HR Screener, who took down my basic information, experience, education level and salary requirements. This is a key point - the company knew my salary requirements and experience level coming into the interview process.

After this, I spoke to the Project Office Director on the phone, and got a better feel for the position I was being considered for and the details surrounding it.

Once I had gone through these steps, they invited me in to the office for an interview that lasted the entire afternoon and consisted of multiple interviewers. It was during this process that they began to backpedal on the salary requirements. The VP of Human Resources actually said during the interview that the company "discounts previous work experience".

There were several discussions about the salary requirement, during which time I stated firmly that I was not interested in a lateral move, since I was already employed by a fantastic company which I liked very much.

A week later, I got the boilerplate "you are no longer being considered" e-mail. I am confident that OSI would say that I was simply "not a good fit", however, I suspect a different reason.

I am pleased with the outcome and the fact that they are "no longer considering me". A company which "discounts previous work experience" and is not willing to be honest and up front about their hiring practices and salary considerations is not a company I would want to work for. If you are entry level and are looking for a company to grow with, their growth potential is worth considering. But if you are an experienced professional who is looking to contribute at a higher level coming in the door, be aware that they are not willing to offer a compensation package or position commensurate with that expectation.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3, 5 and 10 years?   2 Answers