OpenGov Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenGov Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenGov

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed a total of 7 video/phone interviews as I live abroad. These included the Head of Recruiting, direct manager, 2 peers, VP of department and finally, the CEO.

One part of the interview process involved a mock presentation with a customer. I asked follow up questions and understood that it was something to put a real effort into. There were some tough questions there, but nothing good preparation couldn't handle.

While a longer process than average, I'd say it was due to the distance and also the saying "Hire slowly and fire quickly". Each person was knowledgable and passionate about their role, the company and the mission.

One thing that stood out to me was that following every interview I sent along a thank you message and received a genuine response each time. It spoke volumes to how they valued my time investment and the effort put in.

They were very communicative throughout the process and gave a great impression of what it would be like to be part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about background, why I'd like to join the team and finally an in depth mock customer presentation that required a few hours of prep time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OpenGov

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Washington, DC) in May 2018.

Interview

Professional, fun, and flexible! Interviewing with startups can be stressful, sometimes the recruiter is so overwhelmed, they lack the personal and authentic touch. This experience was one of the best and thankfully didn't have any of those issues.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

OpenGov's interview process is very thorough, which is reflected in the people you will meet there. Everyone, including their leadership, is invested in preserving the culture and hiring individuals who fit the mission and vision of OpenGov. I had a series of phone interviews followed by an onsite interview day. The onsite consisted of delivering a mock presentation and rounds of one on one interviews. It is an opportunity in itself to meet with some of the people they have onboard at OpenGov; leaders are well known in their field and industry, and employees' impressive backgrounds bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the table. The recruiter kept me informed at every step of the process - there were clear lines of communication, and he made sure all parties were on the same page before proceeding to next steps. I was provided an agenda prior to and on the day of my onsite visit. Absolutely everyone there (even individuals not included in my hiring process) warmly welcomed me and made sure I was comfortable through out the day. Honestly, the best interview experience I've had.

Interview Questions

• Where are areas you see need improvement within your skillset? Why OpenGov? Give me an example when you worked cross-departmentally to help a customer reach a goal.   Answer Question