OpenGov Director of Talent Acquisition Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OpenGov

1 Interview Review

Director of Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

After interviewing with OpenGov, it's not hard to see why they currently have a 42% negative interview experience score compared to only a 14% positive interview experience score. It really is that bad. They even made a comment about how bad their interview experience is during my onsite interview and how they wanted/needed to improve it, including interviewer training. There has never been a more accurate statement.

The application process was straight forward. I applied via LinkedIn and about 3 weeks later heard back with a request for a phone interview. During this call, I was given the history of the position, what they were looking for, and asked about my experience. To be fair, my rapport with my initial contact was good. However, he's not an employee of OpenGov and is only helping them on an interim basis to fill some important roles for them.

My onsite consisted of 3 interviews. The first and third went smoothly.

The 2nd interview was pretty much a disaster from the start. The interviewer was in no condition whatsoever to be doing an interview. From the second he sat down, he was rubbing his eyes. He would ask me a question then he started doing the "open your eyes as big as you can hoping to keep them open" trick. Once I finished speaking, he'd ask another question. Finally, he couldn't fight it any longer and he put his head in his hands, put his elbows on the table and closed his eyes completely while I was speaking... only opening his eyes again after I finished. This happened 3 times during the interview. He also didn't seem to know what I was there for. Finally, after 20 minutes, he stood up, asked me "do you have any questions?" while already turning towards the door. I said no (I did, but could tell he wanted out of that room ASAP) and he said "Ok. Bye" and walked out.

My contact came in to ask me how it went. I kind of laughed and told him about my experience. He apologized and said the interviewer was under a lot of stress had been traveling back and forth to their Portland office since a key team member had recently left.

After the 3rd interview, which wasn't terrible other than my interviewer apologizing then deciding to have a "conversation" with me because he admitted he wasn't prepared, my contact came back in and said "we typically move pretty fast. The next step is another onsite with a few more members of the executive team".

It's been a month and I haven't heard back from them.

Never in my career have I taken the time to go onsite and had a company not have the courtesy to even e-mail. It's no wonder they say they have problems with bad interview feedback and closing candidates. Their process is downright terrible.

Interview Questions

• How did you find us and why are you interested in OpenGov?   Answer Question