OpenGov Senior Front End Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OpenGov

2.0

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screen with Director of Engineering - General questions about resume, background, programming language. I mentioned my experience with ES5 and some experience with AngularJS.
2. Technical Screen - Very basic technical questions to know the depth of knowledge.
3 Another Technical Screen - Technical questions involving algorithms and data structures. We solved 2 puzzles. Interviewer was very smart and fun to discuss the problem with.
4. Onsite interview: 3 Technical rounds and 1 round of interview with hiring manager.

Interviewers made lots of syntactic mistakes. One of the interviewer used unshift to remove element from an array, used push to insert data to the array and then reversed the array to present the result in right order instead of just using unshift. The same person asked me to write a function that flattens an array. I wrote it using recursion. Then he asked me to write it without recursion. When I mentioned that it becomes unnecessarily complex when you write it without recursion, he wrote it using do while loop which never compiled.

In the end I got a feedback saying I lack knowledge of ES6 and my approach to solve a problem was slow.

Note: It took them over a month and 4 rounds of interviews to realize that I am still getting up to speed ES6(just like thousands of developers)

Interview Questions

• 1. Recursive and non recursive way to flatten a nested array.
    2. Write program to deep copy an array containing strings, numbers, arrays, and object.
    3. Write program to find common elements between 3 arrays. Modify the function such that space complexity is reduced.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for OpenGov

Senior Front-End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Been contacted through a recruiter about this job opening, spend about 3 weeks for 2 phone screen, 1 phone code interview and 1 onsite interview.

I was talking with their Engineer director through phone and been briefed about this is a mid-senior web Front-end Engineer position. But the lateral interview session turns out to be a big mess:
    There is nothing, none question about any Front-end skills nor web development skills, all interview questions are focus on algorithms, from array to tree, graph to linked list, anything you can expect from algorithm textbook.

"Are you recruiting algorithms guru or Front-end Engineer?"

Been interviewed by 4 engineers and the last engineer just asked me to go home when finished, first time been to a onsite without even talk with team manager.

I don't think this company really want to recruit anyone has front-end skills, just a waste of time to go through all those steps to find it out.

suggestion to this company: "Better throw a algorithm contest in school career fair if you really expect your front-end engineer to solve algorithm problems every day."

Interview Questions