OpenGov Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OpenGov

2.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

In short, Bad Interview experience. In details, worst interview experience I've ever had in silicon valley. I applied through recruiter and got phone interview on early Dec, 2016. we had a chat about general programming details and did some algorithm problem online, everything went well until I got there for onsite.

The whole process was random and not well organized. The interviewer seemed not being told to be interviewing anybody before they were pushed into the meeting room. They looked up some internal coding database and picked out several for me to write solution on the wall. I tried to cheer up the atmosphere and cracked all the problem including array flatten, backtracking, dp, tree problem. The whole process, the interviewer were not interested in talking to me, even if I asked the question related to corner case. For a moment, I felt awkward even when I solved all the problem and an attempted to explain the idea.

After all, when there is still time, the interviewer have no clue what to ask. He then asked me some hacky ruby language implementation problem which you will not know in daily life. I replied I don't know and he seemed so joyful and explained the difference. I asked him where he found it, He said just some blogs. ??!! how do you expect me to know some quirky stuff you read on one corner of the Internet.

After that, I talked with the HR and talked about some behavior questions. And I went home.

And then... for almost 1 month, no update at all! Not even a rejection letter. After my initiate a call with the recruiter, he told me I was rejected because my experience was not reaching their expectation for senior software engineer. ?? Then why do you give me interview at first? why do you still give me coding challenge presuming I was not qualified for you senior position? I got an acquaintance with another candidate on onsite. He later told me he has the similar situation, no updating and he already moved on.

We all agreed on a point that this company is not intending to recruit anybody. It just fakes the illusion that it is running and prospering. Having interviews like other tech companies all the time but not taking anyone.

When you see other reviews telling how bad the interview will be, they are not lying and trust them. Totally waste of one month of my time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OpenGov

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenGov.

Interview

Hiring process was very quick and straight forward. Applied online, and was promptly contacted by Anna and presented with a good over-view of the job. Quickly connected to the hiring manager, further discussed the position, and interviewed remotely. After remote interview, an offer was given and accepted shortly after. Entire process took less than three weeks.

Anna made sure I was prepared for all steps of the interview, never left me hanging, and had all the information I needed. Overall a very painless experience!

Interview Questions