OpenMarket Senior Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenMarket Senior Program Manager Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenMarket in July 2016.

Interview

Overall recruiting and interviewing process was seamless. (Think: Done right!) From the initial contact by the Recruiting Coordinator to the offer, it was exactly a month. Recruiting was communicative and very respectful of my time: follow-ups were done by the dates promised (a rarity), all the interviewers were well briefed and kept on schedule by the Recruiting Coordinator, and the Coordinator was highly responsive to my email questions before AND after the interviews.

When I arrived onsite, I was given information about the company, its benefits and its values. The values emphasized on paper are reinforced by Recruiting and respectfully assessed by the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• I was phone screened by the recruiter and then a Senior Program Manager before coming onsite -- the questions were 70/30 behavioral and program management (as expected). My onsite interviews were with stakeholders internal and external to the hiring manager's team: Dev Manager (technical and white-boarding), Product Director (product prioritization and communication), Senior Program Managers (intersection of engineering, product and program) and Hiring Manager (high level technical and behavioral).

The onsite questions were challenging without the contentious feel.   Answer Question

Senior Program Project/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Was telephone screened by recruiter and then had simple tech screen by a peer position. Afterwards was brought in for an onsite loop with 5 people each about 45 minutes.

It seemed I was brought in to fill a quota. They had no intention of paying my salary requirements. In fact I know the person hired and it was clearly a complete mismatch to have me go in and waste my days of prep. The position turned out to be about the level of a lower level project manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you translate business requirements to technical stories - or something along these lines.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process started with two phone screen interviews, followed by an on-site interview with seven people. Each of these was a 1:1 interview, with the exception of one 2:1 interview. Questions ranged from specific experience for handling emergencies to XML and SQL questions. There was also a lot of emphasis on how one would approach programmatic interface design. The entire on-site interview lasted about five hours and involved everyone from developers to the VP. Everyone was friendly, professional, and genuinely interesting to converse with. I was assigned a recruiter contact throughout the process who was very good at providing updates. While he could not specifically explain why I was not selected from the final three candidates but said that I would be considered for future positions. Over all I very much enjoyed the interview process and would consider a future position with OpenMarket.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the process of designing a vending machine. What interfaces would you need to design?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenMarket (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone screen with the recruiter. The second interview was a phone screen with the hiring manager. Finally I was brought in for 4+ hours of interviews with about 8 different people. The overall interview process was fairly straight-forward. I did however have to constantly reach out to the recruiter to keep the process moving. My guess is he is just overworked and has a hard time staying on top of everything.

Interview Questions

• What about a Service Oriented Architecture makes Program Management harder/easier?   Answer Question