OpenTable Customer Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenTable Customer Support Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenTable

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpenTable (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying I was offered to take a one hour online test. This is not your typical test; first off, there are several IT questions on the test so if you have no IT experience, I suggest learning the basics. Other questions had to deal with helping customers and then a pattern recognition test. I was emailed the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview was fine; be sure you have knowledge of Open Table before you go in. The interviewer then told me they were Hiring about 100 (!!) people in the area so I thought I was in. However the interviewer did tell me that she had not evaluated my test results. She was supposed to follow up last week (I believe training starts next week) but I haven't heard a peep. Considering I wrote a thank you letter, which she stated she would "put in my file" I would've thought they'd at least have the courtesy of them telling me I was not chosen. So FYI: you'll know you didn't make it if they don't call you at least a week after your phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OpenTable

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenTable (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was probably more in depth than any other interview i've ever done- but that honestly doesn't say much considering my previous jobs, but bare with me. I was approached by a recruiter and once I submitted my online application I was emailed what I thought was a typical "personality questionnaire" but it was much more interactive than that. Yes, the "are you more like to do this..." questions were there, but it was interfaced on a web video, and was then followed by taking a test on a couple mock calls from both the restaurant side and the diner's side, and then a memory and recognition activity that tests your reaction time. The whole thing takes about an hour to get through- but you can take breaks between modules and pick up where you left off. After that, the recruiter set up a phone interview which honestly I blew. My interviewer told me that I was lacking in the tech department- but still wanted me to interview in person because of my customer service background. So I spend the next 48 hours brushing up on my Intro to Computers knowledge from back in 2010 and went into the one on one. This is definitely a more technical position than I'm used to- and I admitted that during the interview, which I was afraid I would take me out. But the Director of Operations went out of his way to say "That's what training is for" and I actually did much better in the in person after doing some research than I did on the phone. Overall, it's a tough interview process if you're new to IT. Do your research of the company and what their background is. They stress that at it's core, OpenTable is a technological business that just happens to be in the Restaurant Industry. They're looking for passion for sure- but also willingness to go outside of your comfort zone and willingness to learn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenTable (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Mostly I remember questions about customer service specifically. I described customer service tasks I'd performed at my past jobs, and I went over how I'd handle tricky customer service situations that might arise in the future. I had two interviewers (one of which would have been my future boss) and both were very nice, which made the interview experience pleasant.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls and they can't get online to see the app, how would you help them troubleshoot and get connectivity back?   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenTable.

Interview

This was definitely my favourite interview ever!
    The office is such a cool space, everyone was so friendly and welcoming.
    I sat down with the two supervisors in a small room, they introduced themselves, told me about the time they had spent in the company and how they have progressed. I was then played a recording and was asked to comment on it on how I would have handled that particular situation.
    We then progressed onto the more typical interview questions which turned more into a nice chat with two nice people.
    I was given a good amount of room to talk and received a good amount of information about the company and what is expected.
    I left feeling happy with how it went but also happy that I’d had such a pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How would working for Open Table help your future goals?   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Interview

Very positive experience. The longest and the most interesting interview I had. Mostly basic hr questions and some technical based on networking knowledge. The people were very friendly and made me feel comfortable in the first minutes. The interview had simulation on customer support

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at OpenTable (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Worst interview ever
    Applied online via the official website
    was called by HR saying i was overqulfied
    called again by HR at HQ saying come in
    Went to interview and had psychological questions
    telephone and email roleplay

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a customer whos data cant be recovered   Answer Question