OpenTable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenTable Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.8

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenTable in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume through the OpenTable web portal after finding the job posting on Indeed.com. (No cover letter.) Got an invitation for a phone screen a couple weeks later. Did the phone screen, it went pretty well. Got asked questions like "Why do you want this job?" and "Do you use OpenTable?", the usual. Then the interviewer told me that they would set me up on the next interview and explicitly told me to ping them by the end of the week if I had not heard back from them. Friday rolled around, heard nothing. Monday, nothing. Gave the benefit of the doubt but didn't want to seem like I had forgotten about it so I emailed and gave a nudge. Nothing. Followed by nothing. Very strange experience.

Interview Questions

OpenTable Response

Aug 2, 2017 – People & Culture

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a negative interview experience. As a company we understand how valuable our candidate's time is, and we... More

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

The person, gave two python programs, which was solved within 35 minutes, The interviewer kept asking "Do you have any questions for me?", He was interviewing. Seems 1st time he was interviewing. After a day, got reply that not suitable. Seems the politics began at the interview level itself. This guy going to bring down the company for sure, the standards he is maintaining.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenTable.

Interview

Interview went great and long story short I got a formal, written offer which I signed.

The next day they rescinded the offer due to an issue with "references," even though the references I provided were never contacted. (I assume they went to some back door reference). I of course was shocked that a company would be so unprofessional to give a FORMAL job offer before dotting every i and crossing every t. If you're willing to rescind a job offer for whatever reason, you take care of that reason before giving an offer!!! Doing this can cause someone to resign from a job only to get their offer rescinded from you.

Disgusting and unprofessional culture.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

the early part was standard, applied was contacted by a recruiter and a phone call was set up. They asked about only one part of my background, the most relevant part and once I was done I was told that I wasn't a good fit. They then proceeded to give me advice on how I should get experience. I wasn't asked anything about who I was or how I could contribute and I wasn't even given a chance to ask questions myself.
    It felt as if the only reason they called was to investigate a concern and they weren't really interested in me at all.

Im no stranger to job rejection so thats not really a big deal but it is NOT okay to give a half interview or not even give someone the chance to advocate for themselves. The whole thing made me feel really bad about myself and in my opinion that is the opposite of what a good recruiter should do regardless of who the candidate is.

Interview Questions

Interview

Brief. No intelligent questions. They seemed to think they're better than other employers. A little desperate. Promised a lot of things they haven't delivered. Very casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• When would you escalate a call?   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpenTable (Denver, CO).

Interview

Filled out a few applications, had a phone interview and then an in person interview. Tone was very conversational, we laughed and joked quite a bit. There was some video watching and testing, and a few technical questions. Mainly I got the sense they were looking more for a culture fit then a technical fit.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at OpenTable (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn, they kept me updated through emails until i was eventually sent an online test. This test was not only a personality quiz but also tested your memorization and typing skills. I then had a phone interview a few days later that went amazing! However, the hiring manager emailed me saying I did not get a second interview without any reasoning.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job? What is an IP address? What is the difference between LAN and WAN? What is port forwarding? What is an operating system?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The Glassdoor reviews were all over the place so I wasn't sure what to expect. It seems recently OpenTable may be declining. I applied online, received an email invite from a recruiter to attend an open house event in Denver where I was able to speak with 6+ current employees. Some employees were more conversational than others, and the event wasn't very effective in my opinion. I was asked to come back for an in person interview, which was pretty standard. They make you fill out redundant information, scan and email it back to their HQ before you can visit the office, which was little weird since I had already filled most of that information out online while submitting my application. The BDR position has a very low base salary, but the Business Development Manager there seems really great. The company culture was talked up, but during business hours it seemed like everyone kept to themselves and it was very much 'cubicle life' with headsets on and nobody was talking with one another (even around lunch time).

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Some experience. Some situational.   Answer Question

Senior Node Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

6 back to back technical interviews all centered around promises and sever side programming. All the engineers were friendly and nice to talk/interview with. The place was clean, i was offered plenty of bathroom breaks, water, and was taken to lunch with my prospect team. I got a good feel for the company, and they seemed to be the average tech company with smart people in the bay.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpenTable (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying I was offered to take a one hour online test. This is not your typical test; first off, there are several IT questions on the test so if you have no IT experience, I suggest learning the basics. Other questions had to deal with helping customers and then a pattern recognition test. I was emailed the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview was fine; be sure you have knowledge of Open Table before you go in. The interviewer then told me they were Hiring about 100 (!!) people in the area so I thought I was in. However the interviewer did tell me that she had not evaluated my test results. She was supposed to follow up last week (I believe training starts next week) but I haven't heard a peep. Considering I wrote a thank you letter, which she stated she would "put in my file" I would've thought they'd at least have the courtesy of them telling me I was not chosen. So FYI: you'll know you didn't make it if they don't call you at least a week after your phone interview.