OpenTable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenTable Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenTable

2.7

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenTable.

Interview

Interview went great and long story short I got a formal, written offer which I signed.

The next day they rescinded the offer due to an issue with "references," even though the references I provided were never contacted. (I assume they went to some back door reference). I of course was shocked that a company would be so unprofessional to give a FORMAL job offer before dotting every i and crossing every t. If you're willing to rescind a job offer for whatever reason, you take care of that reason before giving an offer!!! Doing this can cause someone to resign from a job only to get their offer rescinded from you.

Disgusting and unprofessional culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenTable (Boulder, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Very disorganized. Had scheduled phone interview times with me, only to not have them show up at the appointed time-had to resend the confirmation email they had sent to me. Then after the interview finally takes place, they assign this "homework' that went to further my suspicion that they have no respect for anyone's time.

Interview Questions

This is a great first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (Boulder, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Had an interview with a recruiter at the recruiting firm within 2 days of applying. She scheduled me to speak with the sales team managers the next week. Met with the sales managers and then the VP of Sales three weeks later. I was not given an offer and received a generic letter telling me they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Do you use OpenTable personally. I wasn't sure why that was important to me being able to do the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OpenTable (Boulder, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

I was referred to this position by an OpenTable employee and was very excited about the opportunity to work for them. But, they need to hire a new Recruiting company. I first spoke to the recruiter and was emailed immediately that the Hiring Manager would be in touch with me. If I haven't heard anything in 2 days, to contact her. A week went by and nothing, so I emailed the recruiter and she was out of the office. The next day she emailed and then we spoke on the phone and she asked a few more questions and said the Hiring Manager needed me to revise my resume because they didn't understand it. (?) The recruiter then told me that it was her fault things were delayed because she had been out of the office and she would let the Hiring Managers know this. She also told me that I was the best candidate for this position. Well, again, days went by and nothing. I emailed the recruiter twice with no response. Then I get the thanks but no thanks from OpenTable. I replied asking why and the recruiter had thrown me under the bus saying I never responded to her and OpenTable had to move on. Needless to say this has put a very bad taste in my mouth. Why would anyone looking for a job not respond especially when the position seemed perfect for my background?!

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OpenTable in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled a call with the recruiter. After that, I had a phone call with a hiring manager. Then I came onsite and met with 4 people. Then back for a second onsite to meet with a VP. Overall, it was a positive experience, everyone I met had done their homework on me and asked engaging questions.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experiences and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenTable.

Interview

had one phone interview with recruiter, then another with someone in the marketing department and then the last interview was with 4 or 5 people in marketing in the actual office in San Francisco. Everyone was friendly and down to earth, questions were not too difficult. The office itself is cool. The entire interview process took about a week or so depending on your schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring/ application process consisted of 1 phone interview and 2 Skype interviews. The interviews were about 30 minutes long each, and were one on one. The whole process took about 2 weeks?

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty straightforward. You should know how to use the basic office software and applications like Microsoft and Photoshop.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OpenTable in August 2017.

Interview

Was referred by a former colleague. Heard back within a day to schedule a phone interview.

The recruiter wasn't organized and asked for my phone number after the scheduled interview time, but didn't call. After multiple follow ups, the recruiter finally got back to me to schedule a new time.

After what we both agreed was a good call, she promised quick follow up and suggested she wanted to bring me in the following week. She didn't respond to my follow up, and two months later told me that they went with another candidate.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpenTable (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Three phone interviews and then an offer. I did not have to fly in to SF for interview.

Interview Questions

• They are looking for hunter, aggressive, challenger types. Filled out some silly questionnaire and took an online personality assessment. They didn't ask anything unusual, probably because they are the least creative people ever.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick. I was made an offer and I accepted right away. I did try to negotiate because I figured it couldn't hurt, but it wasn't up for negotiation.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OpenTable (Houston, TX).

Interview

They will contact you via phone and ask you whether or not you are familiar with the company and what your dining habits are. Do you book via opentable etc... after that you will have a in person meeting with an area manager, then you will meet with several people at the corporate office in san francisco.

Interview Questions

• In some cases they will ask you to sell OpenTable to them in an interview so be prepared to have a sales pitch, and elevator pitch and a power point presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

6 months negotiation phase, i received stock, and a higher base salary than they were offering.