OpenTable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenTable Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenTable

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Started with a standard HR call . Followed by two technical phone interviews. After that I was invited for onsite interview. Opentable took care of my flights and hotel.
    Onsite Interview: It was a half day interview. Met with couple of engineers and the hiring manager. Everyone seemed friendly except for one person. He seemed to quite rude and made me uncomfortable.
    Questions are mostly about RESTful microservices , java concurrency and some basic DS questions. I thought I did well but I guess they had different expectations for that role.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I received a call for an interview we set up a day/time but I the person never called. I followed up again and we rescheduled another day. The same thing happened. No thanks very unprofessional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

First round was a brief phone call, the second round was an in-person interview for 3 hours. I got a feeling that its one of the worst IT engineering places to work in the bay area. I just want to join the band of ppl at glassdoor who had horrid experience with the engineer aspect of this company. I would say even if you don't have a job don't go for the engineering team of this company, unless you wanna comprise and sacrifice your "SELF RESPECT"...thanks again glassdoor for letting me share my experience

Bad career option

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I appiled through linkedin and was contacted by recruiter, 30 mins phone interview, next had a phone interview with engineering manager, pretty simple. He decided to bring me for an on site interview, 4 one on one interviews with engineering manager, senior engineers and front end developers.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based on basic CS algorithms.. Fibonacci, reverse a string, palindrome..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard recruiter-phone screen-onsite. As with most tech interviews, rigorous whiteboarding preparation will serve you well. There was a few coding sessions, an architectural session, and two top-level soft sessions.

My whole experience with OpenTable was excellent - the team is very approachable and interesting to talk to, lots of autonomy on the projects, great location, and a robust product and product vision. I ended up declining the offer due to unrelated factors but it was a tough decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a technical phone screen. On site interviews consisted of a few technical interviews, but mostly high level interviews and/or personality fit interviews. Everyone seemed really friendly.

I ended up liking someone I interviewed with a bit more so I had an extra phone interview with someone on the other team.

The whole process was pretty fast (the timing was due more to my schedule than theirs) and the recruiter was nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project you worked on and how it's designed.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OpenTable.

Interview

I was refereed for a senior software engineering position in November. I was contacted by a recruiter from the company, for around two weeks she was sporadically sending emails asking my availability and claiming that she is going to call me. Eventually, when I send her an email to let her know that I can join the company either starting from January or in summer, she replied in just few minutes and said that they have just hired another person and I have to wait until January and asked me to contact them after then.

Suggestion for the company: Respect candidates.

Suggestion for other candidates: Expect unprofessional and disturbing behaviors.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Recruiter screens then interview with sales manager. Next step company brings you to SF for panel of interviews

Interview Questions

• Questions not terribly difficult, waiting for hours between interviews was disappointing   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received an email from a recruiter a few days later. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, and a few days later I had a call with the hiring manager. I received an email rejection a couple days after speaking with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you forecast this month's revenue at OpenTable?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpenTable in October 2014.

Interview

We connected through recruiters. Engineer doing the technical screen seemed tired on the phone, and not that enthusiastic about the company. I decided not to continue the process after getting several different emails from various people with the company late at night. It seems pretty clear they don't expect their employees' personal time if they are all working after 8pm and on the weekends.

Interview Questions

• Describe how inheritance works in object-oriented programming.   Answer Question