OpenTable Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenTable Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at OpenTable

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I had a great experience interviewing with a very organized team and hiring manager. After a phone screen I was called in for two series of 4 hour interviews, meeting about 9 people in total. Along with making sure that I had the skills required for the position, the team was mainly assessing my personality and possible fit within a group.

If you are going to be applying for a position at OpenTable, particularly for a Product Manager position, be sure you are very familiar with the product and be ready to suggest features or improvements to the services they provide.

While an offer was expected, I was unfortunately unable to wait and took another opportunity due to personal time constraints.

I would strongly advise applying for a position with this particular team, as all members were welcoming and very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• What is your process for developing a product?   Answer Question
  • When you know that a product can not make the release deadline, what do you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OpenTable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview Process:
    Recruiter (Phone Call) - Hiring Manager (Phone Call) - Product Manager from the Hiring Manager's Team (Phone Call) - Onsite - Offer

I did not make it past the hiring manager stage. The recruiter and hiring manager asked the standard product manager interview questions. The job interview experience was overall okay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a product you love. Why do you love it and how would you improve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email to schedule an initial phone screen. Phone screen went well, and I was contacted within a few days again to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. I emailed back my preferred times and never received a response. I emailed again 5 days later and still never got a response. Very strange experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen was mostly questions about my background and experience. The recruiter was very nice and I thought it went well.   Answer Question

OpenTable Response

Feb 15, 2019 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is our standard practice to walk all candidates through what our interview process looks like. I apologize if there was a misunderstanding in explaining... More