OpenTable Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenTable Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenTable in September 2015.

Interview

First call with a recruiter going over background as well as further details of the position. This went well as my last position is very similar to the one I was interviewing for. Next step was a google hangout with the sales manager. His boss showed up for the call instead bc something came up. I thought, great!...maybe this means I can skip a step ;) That call was about 45 minutes and went really well, but he still wanted me to have a call with the original manager. That google hangout happened a few days later and went well also. I appreciate both of their transparency during the hangouts. They both brought up their main concern for me in the role and asked how I would overcome the possible hurdle (I did not live in the area of the position at the time so they asked how I would familiarize myself with the territory). They also asked how I would handle actual objections that reps in the position face daily. During the last interview I was asked what stage I was at interviewing with other companies, so I let them know about the other job offer I received that morning but that OpenTable was at the top of my priority list. I haven't heard from them since. I emailed the recruiter asking for an update but nothing, not even a standard rejection letter. That was 20 days ago.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle speaking to a restaurant owner who tells you that they have already been called several time by reps from your company and say they know all about the services offered?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OpenTable

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online, submitting resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter. I had a recruiter give me a phone screen, followed by a sales manager phone screen. I was then invited for an in person interview with a sales vp and manager. I then had to supply references. The sales manager who interviewed me was tough (the recruiter warned me), but I actually appreciated the no nonsense.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or trick questions, expect some tough role play.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Best benefits package around, a modest base, good commission structure, plus on target bonuses.