OpenTable Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenTable Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.4

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiters compete with each other to get you in for an interview. They really boss you over when it comes to discussing compensation and try to browbeat you a bit. Seemed a little unprofessional overall. Their work does not seem like rocket science.

The recruiter does not have the basic decency to close the loop on interview results. I did not hear back after following up a few times and I assumed it was a no.

I also heard stories on people being asked to leave very rudely half way through the interview with incorrigible reasons.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java qns, easy coding qns as well and some REST API design   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OpenTable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard recruiter-phone screen-onsite. As with most tech interviews, rigorous whiteboarding preparation will serve you well. There was a few coding sessions, an architectural session, and two top-level soft sessions.

My whole experience with OpenTable was excellent - the team is very approachable and interesting to talk to, lots of autonomy on the projects, great location, and a robust product and product vision. I ended up declining the offer due to unrelated factors but it was a tough decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a technical phone screen. On site interviews consisted of a few technical interviews, but mostly high level interviews and/or personality fit interviews. Everyone seemed really friendly.

I ended up liking someone I interviewed with a bit more so I had an extra phone interview with someone on the other team.

The whole process was pretty fast (the timing was due more to my schedule than theirs) and the recruiter was nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project you worked on and how it's designed.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OpenTable.

Interview

I was refereed for a senior software engineering position in November. I was contacted by a recruiter from the company, for around two weeks she was sporadically sending emails asking my availability and claiming that she is going to call me. Eventually, when I send her an email to let her know that I can join the company either starting from January or in summer, she replied in just few minutes and said that they have just hired another person and I have to wait until January and asked me to contact them after then.

Suggestion for the company: Respect candidates.

Suggestion for other candidates: Expect unprofessional and disturbing behaviors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I appiled through linkedin and was contacted by recruiter, 30 mins phone interview, next had a phone interview with engineering manager, pretty simple. He decided to bring me for an on site interview, 4 one on one interviews with engineering manager, senior engineers and front end developers.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based on basic CS algorithms.. Fibonacci, reverse a string, palindrome..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OpenTable (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

First round was a brief phone call, the second round was an in-person interview for 3 hours. I got a feeling that its one of the worst IT engineering places to work in the bay area. I just want to join the band of ppl at glassdoor who had horrid experience with the engineer aspect of this company. I would say even if you don't have a job don't go for the engineering team of this company, unless you wanna comprise and sacrifice your "SELF RESPECT"...thanks again glassdoor for letting me share my experience

Bad career option