OpenText Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenText (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

it was good, video chatting with tech lead. standard interview. we chat about some third party libraries, and how to use them, then talk about unit testing. i think over all experiences is some what pleasant.

Interview Questions

• standard android memory leak identification   1 Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter in Canada was very nice, professional. Phone screen went well. The next phone screen was with the director and the manager, which also went well. The onsite interview was with a team of people plus the manager on a skype call. The director is clearly in charge, and the manager lives in a different city apart from the team. It was difficult to try to include everybody in the conversation/answers, and half-way through the interview, the manager hangs up without saying anything. When I realized the manager was gone, the team explained that he had to go get his child. I got along with the subordinates in this interview, but the leadership was chaotic. It was not a good fit, and it was good to learn this early in the process. This job is still posted, 6 months later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever participated in an ISO 27001 audit?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpenText (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I had a great face to face interview with Open Text, then without even so much as a discussion over the phone I was left a VM saying that it just wasn't a "right fit at this time". After driving there and spending over 3 hours of interviewing, I think it would have been a little more professionally courteous to at least have a conversation with me or return my call in lieu of just a VM without really any further explanation.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my level of knowledge and management of selling multiple software products across all different business lines.   Answer Question

May 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acqusition | HR

Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention. I am pleased to hear you had a great face to face interview at OpenText! Others echo your same sentiments.

It is also critically important... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very nice and efficient process - total 3 weeks. Applied online, recruiter reached out within a day or two. Interviewed with her within a couple days and she was very prompt in setting up the follow up calls. Two phone interviews involving three people total including hiring manager and their manager. Met the team in person the following week and was informed that I did not get the position 7 days after the in-person interviews. No reason provided other than that they found someone who was a better fit. That is my only issue, I would have liked to get more feedback.

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral questions (Why OpenText, Why PM, Why will you make a good PM?)   Answer Question
    • What would your colleagues say is your biggest strength?   Answer Question

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Hiring Recruiter performs a telephone screening and based upon your discussion, the information is forwarded to the hiring manager for another interview. The process can take between 4-6 weeks unless there's an urgent need.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Describe your experience as a project manager (including the project itself)?
      Q2: Are your familiar with OpenText and/or its products?
      Q3: Were you a manager/supervisor of resources and how many (if so)?
      Q4: Any experience with EDI?
      Q5: Were you responsible for creating or managing a budget?
      Q6: How did you learn of this position?
      Q7: Do you have any offers pending?
      Q8: Do you have any vacations planned in the upcoming months?
      Q9: What's your salary expectations?
      Q10: Are you able to work for any employer in the US?   1 Answer

Analyst Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenText (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very organized process. I completed a combination and telephone and in person interviews and was impressed with the interviewing team's experience. Most have been employed with the company for five or more years. Also conducted interviews with new members of their team. Company priorities were improving Opentext's overall market awareness and promoting customer success.

Interview Questions

OpenText Response

May 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acqusition | HR

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that your experience was positive, organized and that the team was able to demonstrate their experience.

I will pass on your good feedback to my... More

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenText (Murrieta Hot Springs, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Within the scope of Job seeking, Process is very easy as you go online or You can also move to the company to fill forms. Managers are really communicative and will provide any information encouraging you to go online to apply and call.
    Interview process is really interesting and may undergo a rigid communicative skill and experience of the interviewee or employee. Since the employer have to make sure he is choosing the right person.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are twofold sometimes. They may concern the company itself or about your perspective for the company.   1 Answer

Vice President Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpenText (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was profiled by a very nice recruiter from Canada, who had a basic job description but knew little about the position. Including how the company was planning on changing from a holding company to a new stack that would make them competitive and innovative. Good luck. The CMO is not a CMO from any perspective and is from the so-called enterprise group at Adobe. Adobe has had a long unsuccessful history of selling to the enterprise. There are really no marketing communications people in the US and that is also a big issue. I have been there before with another Canadian Company.

Interview Questions

• The interview with the so-called CMO began awkwardly and without any pleasantries, its was almost as if he didn't want to do it. When I asked simple questions about their technology plans, his comment was, well those are product marketing questions and not appropriate for this interview. Humm we continued for another 15 minutes, and I felt like I was talking in another language, the language of enterprise computing that is. When he asked me how I would bring this new stack to market, I mentioned analyst groups, and the response was well analyst relations well that is owned by product marketing. I have brought many products to market including NetWeaver and know how to coordinate various teams in a large company. After 20 minutes I said I think this conversation is over and let's not waste any more time. He said in a condescending way, "well thank your sir for coming."   2 Answers

May 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acqusition | HR

Thank you for providing positive feedback on our Recruiter. We strive to offer a great candidate experience and many candidates feel the same way!

It is very important to understand where our... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter about the role.
    Recruiter did the initial phone screen.

After a week or so, the recruiter reached back to me inviting me for an interview with Hiring Manager (Director of the division). The interview was scheduled for a month later since the Hiring Manager was travelling.

Next was a onsite interview with the Hiring Manager - very cordial interview. The Hiring Manager gave me an opportunity to discuss my background, past work experience and level of interest in the job. Then the Hiring Manager provided me overview of the role, responsibilities, expectations and timelines. He described the customer base, hiring timelines his experience with the company etc.

Interestingly he asked me to meet with couple of team members from their Development and QA teams. Both the members were cordial and gave good insight into the Product Organization.

Overall the interview was positive, I was hopeful of getting a callback. But I did NOT hear back from the recruiter/Hiring Manager for couple of weeks. When contacted, the Hiring Manager told me he was still interviewing other candidates.

After couple of weeks, upon reaching out to the Hiring Manager - I was informed that role was moved to Germany upon request of their biggest customer.

Inside Sales Account Executive (Sales Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenText (Kirkland, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online through carer builder. Two days later I was contacted by a recruiter to set-up a phone interview. The phone interview I thought went spectacular as the recruiter kept complimenting me on my experience, personality, and positive attitude. she mentioned she will submit my info to a sales manger and gave some preparation research to do before he contacted me and mentioned I should hear from the sales manager within a couple of days.. Three hours later I was sent an email saying we have decided to move on to other candidates. Very strange indeed.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. She just wanted to hear about my previous sales experience and goals i have achieved with reasons on why I left prior sales positions. She thanked me for serving our country as I am a medic/surgical Tech in the Army Reserves.   Answer Question