OpenText Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenText Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenText.

Interview

Easy and simple. More of a technical stuff.
    First I was called and was asked about my college project, study background, college, skill set and things like that. The there was a telephonic interview lasted for 30 minutes. Then I was called for in person interview session. I had two rounds of them. It was all java and bit of algorithm stuff like searching and sorting.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenText (Rockville, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I interviewed with 5 people starting with two people on the team I would work on, then the manager of the team, another sales manager and then the vice president. At the end of the interviews human resources explained the next steps and answered any benefit questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have selling enterprise solutions and can you explain what this means to you?   Answer Question

Analyst Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenText (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very organized process. I completed a combination and telephone and in person interviews and was impressed with the interviewing team's experience. Most have been employed with the company for five or more years. Also conducted interviews with new members of their team. Company priorities were improving Opentext's overall market awareness and promoting customer success.

Interview Questions

OpenText Response

May 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acqusition | HR

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that your experience was positive, organized and that the team was able to demonstrate their experience. I will pass on your good feedback to my ... More

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (San Mateo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Great process that was really well done. The people and managers were all extremely beneficial in what I was hoping to gain in the interview process. Very large company so prepare to work hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation.

OpenText Response

May 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acqusition | HR

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that your experience was positive, organized and that the team was able to demonstrate what you were hoping to gain. I will pass on your good ... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at OpenText (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for several months before the offer. The interviews included phone, face to face in addition to a full presentation. The process was extremely long however, it gave me and them an opportunity to ensure it would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What would your first 90 days look like   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenText (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiter. Got first phone interview next day. It went well so they invited me to onsite. I talked to hiring manager and few engineers. I took 2 hrs total. Most of the questions were about my past experience. I got few Java and design pattern questions. Got offer next day.

Offer too low.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OpenText (Murrieta Hot Springs, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Within the scope of Job seeking, Process is very easy as you go online or You can also move to the company to fill forms. Managers are really communicative and will provide any information encouraging you to go online to apply and call.
    Interview process is really interesting and may undergo a rigid communicative skill and experience of the interviewee or employee. Since the employer have to make sure he is choosing the right person.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are twofold sometimes. They may concern the company itself or about your perspective for the company.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenText.

Interview

Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Questions

• "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (San Mateo, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

first round HR, second round technical phone screening, on site after that interview with 5 other people. Hr contacted next day with the offer which I after some thinking decided to accept

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brook Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Brook Park, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online through linkedin and had one phone interview before being hired. It was very simple and not threatening. When I arrived on my first day I was handed keys and did some basic training through the phone and online and was set free after that.