OpenText Interview Questions in Waterloo, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.3

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Pre-screening to in-person interview only took a couple of days. However, it took over 5 weeks for them to get back to me, which by then I had figured out they weren't interested in hiring me as they re-posted the position a few weeks BEFORE they got back to me.

Pre-screen was a standard series of resume type questions, plus they seemed concerned whether or not I was interviewing for other positions, which seemed odd given this came up in pre-screening.

Fairly standard 2 manager in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was I most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Was I interviewing with other companies? (this question came up in pre-screen as well)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1st Interview with the manager and then technical interview and solving problem on board.
    They never replied me and I followed up with them but no answer.. They don't respect people and I will not apply for this company again

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

A short telephone interview with HR followed by in person interview with the manager. The interview was friendly and open ended. Interviewer encouraged me to speak and he spoke a lot.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about previous experiences.   1 Answer

Shared Services Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very casual and relaxed. They asked no technical questions pertaining to the advanced Excel knowledge they requested in the job add. The questions didn't really test your skills...you could tell they were simply looking for a certain personality. Never got a reply from HR about the outcomes...seemed kind of unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your peers would use to describe you.   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

On site interview with two managers from R&D department. Interview was good, I answered all the questions with analysis steps. But after that, I didn't get any responses for it. No offer obviously. I emailed the recruiter twice, they didn't even say a word about the interview. The HR team is so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Javascript questions like scope, hoisting, closure.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Two-round interview; first was with my VP, second with my Director. About an hour each. Both were very conversational - I did more listening than speaking. A pretty good experience - I got to learn a lot about the team and company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. I named a "salary range" and their offer was at the high end

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Clunky process, like the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. Two apparently accidental rejection form emails from HR, followed by a request for an on-site first round interview.

In person interview consisted of separate panels of two interviewers. One technical, checking into experience and domain knowledge. The other less technical, more of a Q&A session with discussions and answers to the typical "how have you handled conflict in your career", and "how have you tried to improve your abilities".

After the interview process came a fairly thorough background screening process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a disagreement you had with a co-worker, and how it was handled or resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

One offer, take it or leave it.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Position was advertised online. Phone interview and an in-person interview.The phone interview will consist of a few standard HR questions and then some technical questions pertaining to basic UNIX commands. The in-person interview will consist of a test with questions which cover basic commands on UNIX/Windows operating systems. There is also a background check and education verification. This process takes about ten days to complete.

Interview Questions

• You are asked some basic technical questions about UNIX on the phone interview. During the in-person interview you are given a basic quiz on various operating system commands.   Answer Question

Security Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

I got email regarding interview invitation... visited head office for interview..... it was -5 outside the building.... very nice environment..... heal view and great place to work..... I though I wish I could got offer from them... I got University student before me... I was nervous but I was with my sweet heart and in -5 outside I was feeling great warmness inside my heart..... finally I got manager to interview.... with 1 young co-op worker.... I was happy..... as far as I was concern about only YES from them.... I thought I fought hearty and won it.... after 2 weeks I got call from them.... took 2 hours to confirm everything.... and good to go!!

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied this position at mid of June 2014, and got phone interview two weeks later, then interview with hiring manager 1 week after. It is a very normal interview, and it took 35-40 minutes long. I got feedback after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you navigate to a URL?   1 Answer