Opendoor Market Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Opendoor Market Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Opendoor

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opendoor (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with the person leading the new Raleigh division at the time, and a 2nd person who I honestly can't even remember what their role was... It seemed like they just happened to be there, not that they were actually part of my interview process. Our meeting was very informal, but I didn't know it was going to be that way and I felt very overdressed. They were wearing jeans and looked/acted like we were just hanging out. I can appreciate a work environment that's more laid back, but it was awkward at first. They didn't take the lead in asking any questions or drumming up conversation. I had to initiate conversation and then keep it going. I did appreciate that they showed me all the back-end website technology that I would be using; that was neat that they were so willing to show me how it all worked. Overall it just felt like, "okay, now I can say I met you so I can give you the job"... which I learned was more of a "we just need a body" type of job rather than actually being an important contributing member of the company. They basically just wanted a data entry person and I didn't feel like my relevant background really mattered. Maybe things are different now and maybe it was just because this was a brand new market for them at the time, but it was a weird experience.

Interview Questions

• To be totally honest I don't remember them asking me anything! I initiated asking some questions about Opendoor just to get conversation flowing, and then talked about my experience and how I thought it would relate to the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Opendoor

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opendoor (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly typical. I spoke with a recruiter first then was passed on to management a few days later. The questions were general at first with regards to my background and became more specific toward the end of the conversation. The feeling casual but professional. I could not get a clear idea of when the position(s) would be filled even though I asked specifically. A few days later I was contacted by another manager, basically the same process with a little more detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• If I was accustomed to working long hours.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opendoor (Stanford, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a quick chat with one of the cofounders of the company since he was attending the business school where I was getting my undergraduate degree. I expressed my interest in the company and for real estate and he offered me the position as well as a quick training program for me to complete on my own time.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any real questions besides what my interest was in real estate.   Answer Question