Opendoor Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opendoor (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email that they were interested in a phone interview w/me and they asked for days/times that would work for me. I responded and received an email back to confirm date and time. I was called on time. Interview questions were simple, but I didn't do well at answering the questions because it has been a long time since I've interviewed w/a company, I was nervous, and just started stumbling w/my answers. I love this company and the value proposition that they have. I understand the job. I just couldn't get the answers to come out of my mouth right. But, the interviewer was very kind. Honestly, I feel sorry for the interviewer that she had to go through such a catastrophe of a phone screen w/me. She did not move me further onto a second interview, but I don't blame her because I wouldn't either if I was in her position listening to me stumble through as I did. Had I been more relaxed and focused, I'm sure she would've moved me on in the process. I just bombed it. I'm in the middle of a complicated divorce, had been up all night dealing w/many different urgent issues, and I like this company so much that I let my want for working for them overcome my ability to remain poised, concise, and show the best of who I am. Based on my performance in this interview, I totally understand why she did not move me on in the process. So, that's why I give the interview a positive experience even though I messed it up. Under different circumstances, I could've nailed this interview... just bad timing for me. In hindsight, I should've just let the company know that I had put my job search on hold because that's the truth. But, I accepted this particular interview because it's such a unique and great fit w/my skillset. This company is going to go far. And, I would interview w/them again (after my personal issues are resolved) if the opportunity became available.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our company.   1 Answer