Opendoor Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Opendoor Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Opendoor

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Opendoor.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via email and had an open chat about Opendoor and what I was looking for. With that out of the way, we scheduled the technical phone screen. Even though we had to reschedule it since the first interviewer was unavailable, they were genuine in their response and the process continued smoothly. The 1-hr technical phone screen was fairly standard, and I was given time near the end to ask questions and learn more about the company. After passing that stage, the recruiter offered to connect me with two managers to learn more about the team. Both managers were helpful in answering all of the questions I had. Although I ultimately decided to halt the process here (since I accepted another offer), I had a very positive experience with Opendoor.

Other Interview Reviews for Opendoor

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opendoor (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

HR, then phone call. It's strange how they rejected me. I got the solution pretty fast (~10 mins) but they asked me to test a function that deals with random numbers. Sure, my test cases were pretty crappy, but they were looking for a specific way of testing it which I didn't get.
    I don't think their hiring bar is high, it's just really specific what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• # Write a function:
      #
      # random_walk(
      # trans_probs, # a list of transition probabilities between each state in a directed graph (see example below)
      # start_state, # the state to start the walk from
      # num_steps, # the number of steps in the random walk to simulate
      # )
      #
      # that returns a map from states to the number of times that state was visited   1 Answer