Opendoor Senior User Experience Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Opendoor

1 Interview Review

0.0

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Opendoor.

Interview

My interview process with Opendoor was really great. I initially applied via referral, heard back from the recruiter within a couple of days, and within a week had my first call with the hiring manager. That call was mainly to hear about my background, what I was looking for, and for the hiring manager to share the responsibilities of the role and answer any questions.

Afterwards, we scheduled a video interview where I was to review 1-2 case studies of research projects I was proud of, focusing on everything from study design/methodology to impact.

Finally, I was invited on site for a half-day of interviews, including a presentation (same projects I presented earlier but refined with helpful feedback from the hiring manager), and 1:1s with various members of the product, marketing, design/brand team. These interviews primarily dug into how I partner with others, how I've been able to use research to inform strategy in my past experience, and also whether I demonstrated core values like ownership, customer focus, etc.

Throughout the process, my recruiter was incredibly responsive, communicative, prepared me for my interviews by sharing expectations clearly, and advocated for me in the offer process. During that final step, there was a lot of care given in connecting me to people throughout the company to answer any questions or concerns that I might have and talk me through Opendoor's business model and future potential. That, on top of meeting so many smart, passionate people through my interview loop, made this a great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the impact of this research on your business/organization?   Answer Question