Openet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed for a North American sales position. The hiring manager had an identified role to fill with some specific experience requirements. The recruiting agency either was unaware of those requirements or did not check for them. During a phone interview with the hiring manager we were able to determine that I did not have those requirements within 15 minutes and it was not a fit. I think the pre-interview process could have been more thorough.

The hiring manager was professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

The graduate recruitment process was divided into 2 stages- technical assessment, and a one-day-long face to face interview.
    The test was basic technical questions and coding in Java or C++.
    The interview day consisted of group case study, individual presentation, presenting final year project or thesis, and a panel interview with two senior software engineers.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your projects, experiences of teamwork, basic technical questions.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed , Friendly interviewers wasn't very technical but more so talking about the role and why i would be suited for it. Was unexpectedly asked about testing when it wasn't mentioned in the job spec. In particularly waterfall and scrum etc ..

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain the waterfall model , technical writing standard. Problems a technical writer would experience with agile methods   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was friendly and laid back. Asked to talk about a past project, followed by some technical questions. They put emphasis on collaboration and teamwork, so examples of these would help.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one of your projects, examples of teamwork, command for viewing running processes in Linux, differences between C# and Java,   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took approximately 3 weeks. Initial phone interview asking about projects, technologies etc.
    Got called for an hour long 4 person panel interview then that was entirely focused on extremely in depth technical questions about all projects done in my final year and one OOP question on inheritance. There was no HR questions what so ever.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of inheritance in Java and when would it be used. Give an example on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

The graduate recruitment process was divided into 3 stages- online technical aptitude test, day long assessment centre and panel interview.
    The online test was primarily out- of- date technical in Java and C/C++. Most of the questions were a straight answer away from StackOverflow. The assessment day consists of building tour, individual presentation and group case study. The final panel interview was held once you clear off the first two stages and was primarily focused on Final year project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online technical assessment followed by an onsite day within which presentations are held and a group activity. If successful you are called back for a panel interview. Due to a mix up the panel interview replaced the group activity.

Interview Questions

• One question was: How would you store a bunch of images and access them again after, using java?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Was approached by the Recruitment Manager who saw a match between my experience and we had an informal conversation - with a few key questions peppered into the chat. He was interested in my motivation to change jobs to ensure it wouldn't simply be a repeat in a new environment. That was quickly followed by a phone based technical assessment and then a face to face interview. It was a very smooth process and I was kept up to date with process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Openet (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Interview questions are mainly focused on technical subjects related to software development, including unix and perl scripting topics.
    Interviewers consist of a team of people from different scope of work such as development, test, and managers.
    There are two rounds of interview, the first being a technical assessment and the next one to assess cultural fit with the higher management team.

Interview Questions

• Business case regarding handling difficult employees or colleagues.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Openet (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was very good and I was very confident that I will be offered the position. Unfortunately, the employer took internal people to be promoted to the position.

Interview Questions

• Experience in program management   1 Answer
    • How to handle critical customer issues and what is the process to follow   1 Answer