Openet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took approximately 3 weeks. Initial phone interview asking about projects, technologies etc.
    Got called for an hour long 4 person panel interview then that was entirely focused on extremely in depth technical questions about all projects done in my final year and one OOP question on inheritance. There was no HR questions what so ever.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of inheritance in Java and when would it be used. Give an example on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2014.

Interview

phone interview followed by face to face with 2 senior developers, then HR. 2 seniors engineers ask technical questions about projects I worked on, I had to draw to a white board some diagrams, answer java questions.
    it was a well organised.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Was approached by the Recruitment Manager who saw a match between my experience and we had an informal conversation - with a few key questions peppered into the chat. He was interested in my motivation to change jobs to ensure it wouldn't simply be a repeat in a new environment. That was quickly followed by a phone based technical assessment and then a face to face interview. It was a very smooth process and I was kept up to date with process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, with all the technical questionnaire (consists of choices), and second interview was with HOD (1:1). Once accepted as preferred candidate, HR process kicked off and everything was done within 2 weeks time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Openet (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Interview questions are mainly focused on technical subjects related to software development, including unix and perl scripting topics.
    Interviewers consist of a team of people from different scope of work such as development, test, and managers.
    There are two rounds of interview, the first being a technical assessment and the next one to assess cultural fit with the higher management team.

Interview Questions

• Business case regarding handling difficult employees or colleagues.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

After initial screening of resume I was called for the first round. The first round involved coding and duration was 2 hours. After a week I was called onsite for the final interview. It had 2 sessions. The first session was a group work and the second session was a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Max of two numbers, Number close to zero, Returning change with certain number of coins, Tree traversal, syntax checking questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

The graduate recruitment process was divided into 2 stages- technical assessment, and a one-day-long face to face interview.
    The test was basic technical questions and coding in Java or C++.
    The interview day consisted of group case study, individual presentation, presenting final year project or thesis, and a panel interview with two senior software engineers.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your projects, experiences of teamwork, basic technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was friendly and laid back. Asked to talk about a past project, followed by some technical questions. They put emphasis on collaboration and teamwork, so examples of these would help.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one of your projects, examples of teamwork, command for viewing running processes in Linux, differences between C# and Java,   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed , Friendly interviewers wasn't very technical but more so talking about the role and why i would be suited for it. Was unexpectedly asked about testing when it wasn't mentioned in the job spec. In particularly waterfall and scrum etc ..

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain the waterfall model , technical writing standard. Problems a technical writer would experience with agile methods   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

The graduate recruitment process was divided into 3 stages- online technical aptitude test, day long assessment centre and panel interview.
    The online test was primarily out- of- date technical in Java and C/C++. Most of the questions were a straight answer away from StackOverflow. The assessment day consists of building tour, individual presentation and group case study. The final panel interview was held once you clear off the first two stages and was primarily focused on Final year project.