Openet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Openet Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet.

Interview

Phone interview from the Dublin then P2P interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot when the server performance is low?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Openet.

Interview

Good communication in interview process and quick feedback. No messing about with 10 different interviews that some multi-national companies do. Negotiation process was okay and decent benefits on offer.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Openet in May 2016.

Interview

There was a strangely organised graduate day. They seemed to test all their grads soft skills and not once was I asked to show any sort of coding skills. There "technical test" was assorted general programming knowledge and there was no coding or problem solving in this!!!!

One of the interviewers looked like she was falling asleep in the interview. She didn't seem interested or ask many questions. The offer was a good 10%-25% below the what everyone else was offering for a graduate, depending on what level of qualification you left college with. The surprising thing is they thought it was a very competitive offer.

They were very unprepared for the interview. They seemed like they were reading my CV for the first time in the interview.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially they set up an telephone interview and then progressed to a Face to Face interview. The process was fine, Professional would be a bit of a stretch. The recruiter did keep leaving the room and not returning for up to 20 minutes. Most of the managers I spoke to or dealt with were professional and organised and the company had a nice atmosphere, however there did seem to be an element of chaos about the place.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good, they responded quickly and followed up on any queries I had

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

One stage technical interview with two engineers Java core first then describing a car park system on the white board describing classes involved and how they interact each others. Describe the database and possible query, performances, how to troubleshoot problems

Interview Questions

• Basic java core questions + design a car park system on the white board   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Openet (Overland Park, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

the contracting company will do the starting part for them, or unless you know someone inside. It will be mostly depend on the account director. The service team is the main team that is client facing. Most other team are off shore

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Half an hour phone call to explain shortly your past work experience. They ask you how were you working on technologies such as AngularJS, Java, Spring, JPA and Database design.

After that, there is a face-to-face interview with specific technical questions focused on these 4 technologies.

Interview Questions

• What is a directive in AngularJS?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what is two-way data binding? Can you describe it?   Answer Question
    • What is the "restrict" property for when you define a directive in AngularJS?   Answer Question
    • What directive do you need to iterate a list of elements in AngularJS?   Answer Question
    • How can you communicate 2 different directives of your AngularJS app?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Openet (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was very good and I was very confident that I will be offered the position. Unfortunately, the employer took internal people to be promoted to the position.

Interview Questions

• Experience in program management   1 Answer
    • How to handle critical customer issues and what is the process to follow   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed for a North American sales position. The hiring manager had an identified role to fill with some specific experience requirements. The recruiting agency either was unaware of those requirements or did not check for them. During a phone interview with the hiring manager we were able to determine that I did not have those requirements within 15 minutes and it was not a fit. I think the pre-interview process could have been more thorough.

The hiring manager was professional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Openet in May 2011.

Interview

one phone interview