Openet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Openet Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

One stage technical interview with two engineers Java core first then describing a car park system on the white board describing classes involved and how they interact each others. Describe the database and possible query, performances, how to troubleshoot problems

Interview Questions

• Basic java core questions + design a car park system on the white board   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

After initial screening of resume I was called for the first round. The first round involved coding and duration was 2 hours. After a week I was called onsite for the final interview. It had 2 sessions. The first session was a group work and the second session was a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Max of two numbers, Number close to zero, Returning change with certain number of coins, Tree traversal, syntax checking questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

The graduate recruitment process was divided into 2 stages- technical assessment, and a one-day-long face to face interview.
    The test was basic technical questions and coding in Java or C++.
    The interview day consisted of group case study, individual presentation, presenting final year project or thesis, and a panel interview with two senior software engineers.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your projects, experiences of teamwork, basic technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was friendly and laid back. Asked to talk about a past project, followed by some technical questions. They put emphasis on collaboration and teamwork, so examples of these would help.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one of your projects, examples of teamwork, command for viewing running processes in Linux, differences between C# and Java,   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed , Friendly interviewers wasn't very technical but more so talking about the role and why i would be suited for it. Was unexpectedly asked about testing when it wasn't mentioned in the job spec. In particularly waterfall and scrum etc ..

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain the waterfall model , technical writing standard. Problems a technical writer would experience with agile methods   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took approximately 3 weeks. Initial phone interview asking about projects, technologies etc.
    Got called for an hour long 4 person panel interview then that was entirely focused on extremely in depth technical questions about all projects done in my final year and one OOP question on inheritance. There was no HR questions what so ever.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of inheritance in Java and when would it be used. Give an example on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

The graduate recruitment process was divided into 3 stages- online technical aptitude test, day long assessment centre and panel interview.
    The online test was primarily out- of- date technical in Java and C/C++. Most of the questions were a straight answer away from StackOverflow. The assessment day consists of building tour, individual presentation and group case study. The final panel interview was held once you clear off the first two stages and was primarily focused on Final year project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online technical assessment followed by an onsite day within which presentations are held and a group activity. If successful you are called back for a panel interview. Due to a mix up the panel interview replaced the group activity.

Interview Questions

• One question was: How would you store a bunch of images and access them again after, using java?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Openet in May 2016.

Interview

There was a strangely organised graduate day. They seemed to test all their grads soft skills and not once was I asked to show any sort of coding skills. There "technical test" was assorted general programming knowledge and there was no coding or problem solving in this!!!!

One of the interviewers looked like she was falling asleep in the interview. She didn't seem interested or ask many questions. The offer was a good 10%-25% below the what everyone else was offering for a graduate, depending on what level of qualification you left college with. The surprising thing is they thought it was a very competitive offer.

They were very unprepared for the interview. They seemed like they were reading my CV for the first time in the interview.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially they set up an telephone interview and then progressed to a Face to Face interview. The process was fine, Professional would be a bit of a stretch. The recruiter did keep leaving the room and not returning for up to 20 minutes. Most of the managers I spoke to or dealt with were professional and organised and the company had a nice atmosphere, however there did seem to be an element of chaos about the place.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good, they responded quickly and followed up on any queries I had