Openet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Openet Interview Questions

Interviews at Openet

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Openet (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Interview questions are mainly focused on technical subjects related to software development, including unix and perl scripting topics.
    Interviewers consist of a team of people from different scope of work such as development, test, and managers.
    There are two rounds of interview, the first being a technical assessment and the next one to assess cultural fit with the higher management team.

Interview Questions

• Business case regarding handling difficult employees or colleagues.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Openet.

Interview

Good communication in interview process and quick feedback. No messing about with 10 different interviews that some multi-national companies do. Negotiation process was okay and decent benefits on offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Was approached by the Recruitment Manager who saw a match between my experience and we had an informal conversation - with a few key questions peppered into the chat. He was interested in my motivation to change jobs to ensure it wouldn't simply be a repeat in a new environment. That was quickly followed by a phone based technical assessment and then a face to face interview. It was a very smooth process and I was kept up to date with process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, with all the technical questionnaire (consists of choices), and second interview was with HOD (1:1). Once accepted as preferred candidate, HR process kicked off and everything was done within 2 weeks time.

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

One stage technical interview with two engineers Java core first then describing a car park system on the white board describing classes involved and how they interact each others. Describe the database and possible query, performances, how to troubleshoot problems

Interview Questions

• Basic java core questions + design a car park system on the white board   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was friendly and laid back. Asked to talk about a past project, followed by some technical questions. They put emphasis on collaboration and teamwork, so examples of these would help.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one of your projects, examples of teamwork, command for viewing running processes in Linux, differences between C# and Java,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

The graduate recruitment process was divided into 2 stages- technical assessment, and a one-day-long face to face interview.
    The test was basic technical questions and coding in Java or C++.
    The interview day consisted of group case study, individual presentation, presenting final year project or thesis, and a panel interview with two senior software engineers.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your projects, experiences of teamwork, basic technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online technical assessment followed by an onsite day within which presentations are held and a group activity. If successful you are called back for a panel interview. Due to a mix up the panel interview replaced the group activity.

Interview Questions

• One question was: How would you store a bunch of images and access them again after, using java?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Openet in May 2016.

Interview

There was a strangely organised graduate day. They seemed to test all their grads soft skills and not once was I asked to show any sort of coding skills. There "technical test" was assorted general programming knowledge and there was no coding or problem solving in this!!!!

One of the interviewers looked like she was falling asleep in the interview. She didn't seem interested or ask many questions. The offer was a good 10%-25% below the what everyone else was offering for a graduate, depending on what level of qualification you left college with. The surprising thing is they thought it was a very competitive offer.

They were very unprepared for the interview. They seemed like they were reading my CV for the first time in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

The graduate recruitment process was divided into 3 stages- online technical aptitude test, day long assessment centre and panel interview.
    The online test was primarily out- of- date technical in Java and C/C++. Most of the questions were a straight answer away from StackOverflow. The assessment day consists of building tour, individual presentation and group case study. The final panel interview was held once you clear off the first two stages and was primarily focused on Final year project.