Opera Solutions Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Opera Solutions Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews - 15 mins of behavioral and 15 mins of case. It was quite casual, and interviewers were very friendly. I did not do well on the case but they basically walked me through the whole process, explaining how I should think.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Opera Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

This review is for the first round interview. I applied to the position through a typical on-campus recruiting process. The first round consisted of two 30-minute interviews - each was half behavioral, followed by a short case. The behavioral part was very typical, no curve balls or tough questions. The first case was a market sizing problem, and the second was a general business problem. The interviewers were not too tough on the cases, and since I had prepared extensively they went pretty smoothly. I am currently waiting to hear back about the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many tuxedos are rented in the United States each year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

2 on campus interviews. First one was taken by a 'fresher' working at this firm for almost 6 months. General behavioral questions. Second interview consisted of a case study based on ATM booths.
    Worst part is that they never even bothered to inform back regarding the decision, despite of me sending them several emails.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview

I applied through Campus Recruiting, and then got an on-campus interview in two weeks. Have not received further notice yet. Two interviewers, 15 mins each, but for others it was 30 mins. So I might have had a bad interview. Questions were some general questions like why do you want to work for us. The 2nd interview asked how many ATM's are in US.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting as a recent grad. First round interview was on campus at the career center with 2 30-minute interviews, one with a current BA, one with a more senior Opera employee. Mine consisted of mostly behavioral with one case. However, I am a non-traditional consulting firm applicant so I think that's why it wasn't as case intensive.

Was notified of second round interviews 2 weeks later. Second round was held off-site at a business center. Consisted of 2 45-minute interviews with more senior individuals. Consisted of brain teaser, behavioral, why Opera, are you a good fit questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

First round:
    Location: On campus interview
    Duration: 1 hour in total, 30 minutes each (interviewed with two people)
    Format: mostly behaviorals and brain teasers

Second round:
    Location: On site
    Duration: 1 hour (interviewed with one person)
    Format: mostly case interview, and some behaviorals

Interview Questions

• Brian teaser from first round: If an ant were to crawl from one point on the cube to another how should it do it in the shortest distance?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard consulting interview process. Two first round interviews in person or over the phone, followed by a superday which involved three cases as well as fit questions throughout. Cases were easy-moderate in difficulty.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview. One thirty-min with an associate and another thirty min with a manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring through on-campus process. Two-round interview process with three interviews each.
    First round is on-campus, second round in their office in Jersey City. They may take a while to give an offer after final round (up to 2 months for some people in my class...)

Typical consulting interviews - no surprise:
    1) Personality interview (15 - 20 min)
    2) Case study (15 - 20 min)
    A brainteaser if time permits.

Interview Questions

• What is the number of ATMs in the US?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through college career posting. On campus first round and in-office final round; standard 2 half-hour interviews in each round. First round mostly behavior/fit questions with a bunch of brainteasers; second round all case questions. Interviewers are very nice and easy to talk to and questions very fair (in my opinion), but it took them an excessively long time to inform you their decisions (first round in early October, second round in late November, decision in early/mid January).