Opera Solutions Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer's had no knowledge themselves. Was very amateurish. I interviewed for a system's engineer role in IT. I was asked a few linux questions , some very basic and other's did not make any sense. The individual asking the question did not have any experience / knowledge. Declined the offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview has 2 rounds. First is more of HR round where they ask questions on your resume. Also asked what are the features/type of population in airline industry. What are the problems.

Second interview was market sizing question where they asked how many swipes in a day in the NYC subway. Person helps you with the answer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. What are the features of a population using plane.
      How many swipes in NYC subway in a day
      Answer Question

Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview; my interviewer seemed really tired and did not want to be there. Basic questions about why want to work at Opera, etc. Some resume questions. And the "case" was not really a case, more like brainstorm some ideas.

Interview Questions

• How to increase sales in airline company through email marketing.   Answer Question

Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

1.Read up on the company and their signature Signal Hub platform. You don't need to be a pro on Signal Hub however understand the basics of it and do a background reading on the big data industry and its evolution. (Opera's blog on the big data industry is a good resource for this)
    2.Prepare a list of at least 5 questions that you have for your interviewers so that you aren't thrown off base when they ask you if you have any questions for them.
    3.Know your resume inside out because they will ask you questions about it.
    4.Just be yourself during the interview, and don't get nervous.
    5.Have a concrete reason as to why you want to work in the big data industry and what in particular makes Opera a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you interested in working in the big data industry and at Opera in particular?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

2 on campus interviews. First one was taken by a 'fresher' working at this firm for almost 6 months. General behavioral questions. Second interview consisted of a case study based on ATM booths.
    Worst part is that they never even bothered to inform back regarding the decision, despite of me sending them several emails.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First 5 minutes, interviewer is trying to find my resume. He couldn't find in his mailbox, citing HR might have forgot to send. I told him I can send him and in mean time referred to my linkedin profile. Took another 5+ minutes to go through and then technical phone interview begins. He blanked out for at least 4 times; for more than 3 minutes while asking questions; deciding or google what to ask. He started with my grad projects, moving to thesis. He asked me do you remember engineering courses in Bachelors, ok name them and then asked about first year of engineering questions ranging from transistors, ohm's law etc. not relevant but still. After 40 minutes, winded up saying someone will get in touch with you in few days for next round. Didn't hear anything form HR for next 2 weeks, mailed her and next day got reply sorry for applying, we are not moving ahead.

Interview Questions

• Explain SIFT (scale invariant feature transform) workflow, Support vector Machines, Newton Optimization method.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring through on-campus process. Two-round interview process with three interviews each.
    First round is on-campus, second round in their office in Jersey City. They may take a while to give an offer after final round (up to 2 months for some people in my class...)

Typical consulting interviews - no surprise:
    1) Personality interview (15 - 20 min)
    2) Case study (15 - 20 min)
    A brainteaser if time permits.

Interview Questions

• What is the number of ATMs in the US?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through college career posting. On campus first round and in-office final round; standard 2 half-hour interviews in each round. First round mostly behavior/fit questions with a bunch of brainteasers; second round all case questions. Interviewers are very nice and easy to talk to and questions very fair (in my opinion), but it took them an excessively long time to inform you their decisions (first round in early October, second round in late November, decision in early/mid January).

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

First round interview began with two phone calls, each around 30 minutes. First was a business case dealing with churn and how to stop it for an online dating site. It involved some easy math and you had to talk about ways to stop churn and data you might want. The second was a fit interview, all pretty basic stuff, like why consulting, etc. In person interview about 2 weeks later. It consisted of 3 interviews, each about 45-60 minutes. First interview had some fit elements and a brief case about credit card fees and attrition. Second interview was a supply chain case (which was very confusing if you're not familiar with the terminology, and the interviewer was seemingly very pressed for time and really rushed me through it, which I think took away from the interview overall). Final interview was mostly fit with a brainteaser thrown in. Heard back from them about a month or so after my in person saying I was not going to be made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Supply chain case was confusing because of terminology used
      Credit card attrition
      Brainteaser
      Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Very detailed and focused on expertise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very short