Operative Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Operative Media Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Operative Media.

Interview

applied on company website, reached out by hiring manager directly. two rounds onsite interview with 8 different individuals from the team and executive team. Very professional interview process, but HR side was slow

Ad Ops Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Operative Media.

Interview

Director reached out via email for a phone interview. Afterwards I was given an excel assignment to complete. Once completed I emailed it back and haven't heard back at all. A yes or no would've been appropriate. Unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Barely anything related to my experience more of stress handling blah blah   Answer Question

Junior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Few interviews. Went fairly smoothly. I met with 6 different different individuals who asked me a variety of questions. It was not a very stressful interview. However, come prepared.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operative?   1 Answer

Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a response from the recruiter to set up an onsite interview. Talked to a hiring manager over the phone while there and was interviewed by one other person. I had a fantastic conversation with the hiring manager and we talked for quite a bit but the second interviewer was really young and seemed more interested in the texts he was getting on his watch and hadn't even seen my resume yet. Granted, he admitted that he was thrown into this at the last minute as the person who was supposed to speak with me had been pulled into a meeting. I walked away with lukewarm feelings. Surprisingly, I was asked to come again for an onsite interview. Again, spoke with a VP who was great and I felt like I was having a productive conversation but when speaking with another junior member of the team, he could barely hold a conversation. I tried to break the ice and lobbed over a very easy question, "What do you like best about the culture at Operative?" The answer? "Bagel Wednesdays." Really? It was pretty clear based on my conversation with the VP, that he was looking for something very specific. They should have made that a requirement and not wasted my time or their time. They gave me a specific date for when they'd make a decision. That was about a month ago. I never heard from them again. And... I never inquired. I couldn't imagine my working with them and the half of the experience was off-putting. My takeaway from this job hunting experience? Don't let companies who aren't as vested in recruiting and onboarding discourage you. The best tech startups invest heavily in their recruiting and onboarding process. They're testing you for a good fit and they expect to put your best face forward. They should do the same for you if they're worth a dime.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions plus technical questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Directly contacted the Marketing Director through Linkedin. She reached to me a week later, it went well. Had an engaging conversation with her and then she asked me to come in and see three other VPs in different departments. I think all three went well, the last VP said I was a perfect candidate for the job so I was a little hopeful. The Marketing Director told me she will reach to me to meet with her VP. A week after, I havent heard back. Contacted the Marketing Director and received a generic reply to decide to go with another candidate. I emailed her back asking for tips or was there anything I was lacking? She never replied back.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I was contacted immediately and only had 2 in person interviews. I was given an offer by the end of the week and they were not flexible in negotiating salary. Overall it was very easy and should have been a red flag.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Operative Media.

Interview

Recruiter suggested no suit but I still opted to do so which was good. Chill place but still tried to project professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to crazy but needed to know about deep SQL and Hadoop   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went through a recruiter so they handled the negotiation.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

The talent management team called me up and then had a phone interview. I was called in for a 1:1 interview and there were some 8 rounds of interview. QA Director, QA Leads, Dev Managers, CTO, ... It was a long process. I spent the whole day giving interviews.

Interview Questions

• One QA Lead is not even worth being there, the questions he asks... aah, I am sure that he does not know what he is doing!   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Operative's tech stack is mostly Java/Spring/Hibernate/mysql(innodb)/Hadoop

Phone screen: Mostly basics about java collections, design patterns, spring and hibernate. some questions about resume.
    OnSite: Met with about 7-8 people, 3+ hours. Interviewed with CTO, Director of Engineering, some senior developers, and some junior as well. Questions ranged from basic java collection, concurrency/synchronization, design patterns, spring/hibernate, "tell me about this on your resume" to some abstract system design questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the acceptable CPU utilization amount of a production machine right before it sets a "red flag" for you?   Answer Question
    • What's the worst mistake you've made in your carrier   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite design patterns you used?   Answer Question
    • If you have a gripe with Java, what is it? and why?   Answer Question
    • Advantages and (particularly) disadvantages of Spring and other DI containers.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

4 Interviews with 6 different people. Very thorough questions, friendly and informative but professional. It's definitely a match-making process for Operative, dependent upon personality traits and the way in which you communicate rather than which internships you've had.