Oppenheimer Holdings Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oppenheimer Holdings Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Oppenheimer Holdings

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings.

Interview

Got grilled ranging from current news, market sizing, market research, brain teasers, accounting, finance, and wealth management principles. Way too much for a barely paid internship position in my opinion but they weren't mean if you got something wrong. It was definitely an intimidating environment though. I had prepared a lot but wealth management interviews are usually only half technical, if that.

Interview Questions

• What is the efficient market hypothesis?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oppenheimer Holdings

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings.

Interview

Pretty easy interview but kind of formal. Interviewers were very friendly and made you feel comfortable. Most questions pertained to resume and to situational stuff. All in all, a very typical, standard interview for most banks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Good, not technical focused more on personality and fit qualities rather than technical knowledge. Interview lasted not more than an hour in the offices in New York, with both the current intern at the time and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and called Yvonne the following day. We went back and forth through email and she sent me the offer letter later that day. I did not have to participate in a person to person interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions, pretty laid back. Asked about previous work experience and knowledge of finance. Talked about what the internship required and how i could meet those requirements. Talked about weekly intern meetings with higher ups in the company.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn at your last internship and how is it going to benefit you here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oppenheimer Holdings in January 2010.

Interview

Since this is an intern position, there is no very difficult questions, walked through my resume