OppenheimerFunds Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with the recruiter, and we really hit it off. She then passed my information onto the department that I was to be working for.

My next interview was a video interview with the possible manager. It was only supposed to be with the manager, but it was a surprise panel interview, which seemed really disorganized. People were coming in and out, but I thought it went well.

They called and emailed again for a third video interview. I think that really this was just a formality, that they had already selected the candidate, because the person that interviewed me was dismissive.

I got rejected a couple of days later. At least it was good practice!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OppenheimerFunds

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

After being referred through a friend, I had a few emails with a member of HR and then a phone screen. The screen was with the same person, and it was mostly just behavioral questions and walking through my resume.

I then had a phone call with my future manager, and that was a fairly straight forward call. We talked more about my experiences and my resume. Luckily we hit it off pretty well and it was mostly just a humorous conversation of him trying to get to know me.

I found out a week or so later that I got the position.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Came in for an interview and talked with HR lady and future manager. They asked basic questions to see if I was a team player and would get along with people. HR was pushy asking how much I was paid in previous positions which didnt seem relevant. They wouldnt move when I tried to negotiate pay, however that can be expected for an internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a confilict with a co-worker and how did you deal with it...   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in January 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward. The individual interviewing wanted to see if I truly understood the global market. In addition, they were extremely friendly over the phone. I would tell people interested in joining OpCo to truly understand what they want out of the internship and what they can bring to the table.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I submitted my resume during career fair. They contacted me back several weeks later. Went through the interview with HR. Waited for about a moth and got called for an internship position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in January 2014.

Interview

Very friendly environment, most questions were behavioral. They want to see if an candidate fits the company. Questions about background and experience. There was no pressure, positive attitude toward to an candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Centennial, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

I had an interview with the hr department first then I was transferred to another interview with the person I would have been reporting directly to.

Interview Questions

• How do you sort your itunes playlists?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

Simple phone interview with no prior screener. Just walked through resume and talked about the business a little bit.