OppenheimerFunds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very timely. It started with the interviewer talking about the position and well as the firm. We then proceeded with me detailing my current and past positions followed by a detailed, broad technical discussion.Very professional. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your current job. Why are you considering leaving now.   1 Answer
    • Do you like to learn new things? How do you learn new things?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

They interviewed me 4-5 times and rejected me via an automated form letter two weeks later than they said they would tell me if I got the job. The company is being acquired right now so things are very chaotic.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process included 3 stages: meeting with HR, meeting with the hiring manager and the team, and meeting with the hiring manager. Additionally, I had to submit work samples as a part of the hiring process. The whole process was a bit time consuming, especially for someone with a full time job.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

First round -- behavioral round i was asked general questions on my background bit and techincal knowledge.. He explined about company and job description .. He looking forward to ask question on what i said ..

Interview Questions

• You are technical person.. How can you manage banking tasks??   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in December 2017.

Interview

Conversation about what I do and how that is relevant to the role they have. Questions to check knowledge of fixed income. Practical questions to check fit in the development team

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Denver, CO).

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me for the group interview about a week after I applied for Software Engineer position. There was no negotiation with the scheduling where they already decided the time and the date for the 3-hour group interview and asked me if I am interested in participating the interview and they said they'd send me more details if I can participate the interview which I said yes. The funny thing is that they responded back (a week later since I replied) to me the day there was an interview saying their interview moved to next day and asked me again if I can participate. Of course I said no.

It was most unprofessional and irresponsible interview process that I've ever experienced.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple interview process - one phone with HR to get basic compensation requirements. Went in person only once and interviewed with a total of 3 people. Received an offer within 2 days (after HR called my references)

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions - talk about your experience, etc   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to gauge my interest in a position. My first round interview was with the HR rep, who asked basic questions like "walk me through your resume", "why this role", and "why this company". this initial interview only lasted about 15 minutes and was pretty simple. I then made it through to a second round with the hiring manager. This interview was much more complex and largely focused on my previous experience and skills. There was little in the way of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that difficult or out of the ordinary. Know about the company and why you want to work in the industry and the group with which you're interviewing.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with team and other employees, was asked to do a skills tests after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What recent events in the financial markets have caught your eye?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything was presented to me on an "as is" basis, citing tight compensation constraints. It was a fair offer, so no negotiations

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview then in office interview with panel. Panel included extremely senior people - questions were easy mainly behavioral. Got the phone call offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Internship stipend is pretty much set for you.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in January 2014.

Interview

Very friendly environment, most questions were behavioral. They want to see if an candidate fits the company. Questions about background and experience. There was no pressure, positive attitude toward to an candidate.