OppenheimerFunds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.7

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Moved very quickly - Within 3 consecutive days, I went from the first technical phone interview with the hiring mgr - to an in-person the next day, with multiple tech people from the team, to what I thought was the final step interview. All interviews went very well. They then informed me that I needed to take an online assessment (CALIPER).

Very comprehensive personality test with abstract logic questions. Next day, HR said I did not get the offer. Difficult to understand why so much value would be based on a TEST.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on my skillset. The only difficult part, was the online test.   Answer Question

Juniors Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter followed up about a month later. Then came the phone interview which was about 15 minutes followed an in-person interview a few days later. Nothing really difficult. Interviewed with the recruiter briefly and then an SVP. They spent more time talking about the position itself than asking me questions. Make sure you have a lot of questions. They were very hospitable and the office was very nice.

Vice President, Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an HR screen, which went very well. Pleasant experience and a pleasure to speak to the Head of Talent Acquisition. They were looking for every specific detailed experience in a particular area. I had experience in the area but not to the extent they were looking for.

BDS RFP Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

HR phone screen, followed by two quick interviews with the hiring manager and her superior. Didn't have a good impression of the hiring manager; she practically threw her business card at me upon entering and didn't smile once during the interview. As expected, no follow ups or notices from the recruiter since the meeting. Probably wouldn't have entertained an offer anyway seeing as how downtrodden the manager was.

OTAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

we had a speed dating kind of interview with 20 minutes for each interviewer. you get to meet about 20 of OFI employees, everyone was super nice and easy to talk to. They asked the usual behavioral questions and had a few unexpected and different ones. The most interesting part of that interview type is you get to meet company employees who've been there for 1 year to 20 years.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple interview process - one phone with HR to get basic compensation requirements. Went in person only once and interviewed with a total of 3 people. Received an offer within 2 days (after HR called my references)

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions - talk about your experience, etc   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY).

Interview

More than three hours of back to back interviews with no breaks at all. By the end of it, it felt more like an endurance test than a conversation. Behavioral screening seeks team-oriented people, not someone who will break from the herd. Most of the interviewers asked the same/similar questions, and there didn't appear to be coordination between them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really stood out--they asked the usual questions and wanted the usual answers.   1 Answer

Associate Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Centennial, CO).

Interview

Multistage process unfolding over a few weeks. First I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Next there was a brief phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a 1 hour coding quiz. After the quiz I was invited to an in person interview part with the team I would be working with followed by an interview with the hiring manager. The in person interview took maybe 90 minutes and wrapped up with a discussion with the recruiter. Finally there was another phone interview with the hiring manager and a placement/personality test. Overall fairly easy and moved quickly given the number of pieces. I was left with a strong understanding of the position and team.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with some one belligerently asking you to do something that would break current coding standards?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with the manager of the tier one team and with the head of HR. Went over organizational structure specific to the transfer agency and the operational / distribution aspects of the firm. Briefly described my resume and my prior applicable skills and experience to the position. Was asked a series of questions related mostly to customer service and organizational skills.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

First round -- behavioral round i was asked general questions on my background bit and techincal knowledge.. He explined about company and job description .. He looking forward to ask question on what i said ..

Interview Questions

• You are technical person.. How can you manage banking tasks??   Answer Question