OppenheimerFunds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OppenheimerFunds Interview Questions

Interviews at OppenheimerFunds

2.6

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in January 2015.

Interview

First, an online application. Got a call 2 weeks later. Set up an in person interview with recruiter. Took an aptitude test and went over roles within OFI. Scheduled another interview and that was more of a behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you displayed excellent customer service   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Normal phone screening with HR followed by an in person interview. No follow up or feedback from HR following the in-between interview even though they made it seem like they would let me know ASAP.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Poor and Red Tape.
    HR is clueless and they don't do anything on their own.
    Marketing has reorg every quarter negotiate your manager as chances are you will be layered in or managed out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unprofessional take or leave.
    You have to be aggressive with them. They will agree. Make sure you have stats or figures ready.
    Always talk to HR rep directly,they hate it as no one wants to work there but you have to push it hard.
    Negotiate your pay and severance there is back door layoff going on.

Treasury Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Centennial, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

The first round of my interview took place via phone with the recruiter. After assessing that I was a qualified candidate, I then had a video interview scheduled with the Vice President. Between interviews I had to complete a personality assessment test. This was followed by an in-person interview, and one more additional phone interview. Very thorough and quite exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were met with adversity, and explain how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Vice President, Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an HR screen, which went very well. Pleasant experience and a pleasure to speak to the Head of Talent Acquisition. They were looking for every specific detailed experience in a particular area. I had experience in the area but not to the extent they were looking for.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to set up phone interview. Interviewed with a Director in the department. The interview seemed to go well, although the interviewer did not mention coming in for a face-to-face interview. They did, however, promise to send me contact information, which was never done. Multiple email follow-ups to both HR and the interviewer were never acknowledged. Never heard from anyone again. Completely unprofessional. Glad to not be working with such people.

Interview Questions

• General questions about background and previous employment. Nothing challenging or noteworthy.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Spoke with President and Executive Director of Oppenheimer Life Agency about an opening for an Annuities Administrative Assistant. Conversations lasted about 30 minutes each and were entirely fit-based. If you do not show genuine interest in the life insurance industry, you will not get the job. People looking to work with capital markets need not apply.

Interview Questions

• Name your two greatest strengths and your two greatest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Centennial, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

1 Day interview, 4 people. No scripts were followed, questions we made up on the spot. No phone pre-screen. Notified within a week of interview. A lot of emphasis on data bases rather than java/C#/ruby/OO etc.

Interview Questions

• very few technical questions. As an example: when would you use a GROUP BY expressions   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing. Salary was set as well as time off.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very timely. It started with the interviewer talking about the position and well as the firm. We then proceeded with me detailing my current and past positions followed by a detailed, broad technical discussion.Very professional. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your current job. Why are you considering leaving now.   1 Answer
    • Do you like to learn new things? How do you learn new things?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Denver, CO) in December 2010.

Interview

I had 5 interviews with members of the Sr Leadership team. OFI was in the process of making a significant cultural shift to be more "people driven" so much of the interviews and the questions were focused around coaching and development. The decor was a horrible prison grey, the furniture was outdated and the dress attire left much to be desired. That said, OFI has made significant updates to the facility and has since adapted a business causal atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What don't you know about the financial industry? (note: I had zero finance background!)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary (about 10K) and ended up with a 5k signing bonus