OppenheimerFunds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OppenheimerFunds

2.6

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Centennial, CO).

Interview

You will connect with an HR representative who will conduct an initial screening. They will work with placement professionals but that is on the decline. After that, you will likely be phone screened by the hiring manager and then brought in for a full interview.

Interview Questions

• Not sure on this. There are very few that play head games; they are more interested with your industry familiarity and vetting your experience level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not negotiate on days off, but they can be flexible on signing bonuses, base salary, and moving allowances.

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Moved very quickly - Within 3 consecutive days, I went from the first technical phone interview with the hiring mgr - to an in-person the next day, with multiple tech people from the team, to what I thought was the final step interview. All interviews went very well. They then informed me that I needed to take an online assessment (CALIPER).

Very comprehensive personality test with abstract logic questions. Next day, HR said I did not get the offer. Difficult to understand why so much value would be based on a TEST.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on my skillset. The only difficult part, was the online test.   Answer Question

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from HR almost 2 months later. Brought in for an informal interview with HR and an interview with the Hiring Manager. I was told that there would be three rounds in total. The second round entails taking an online assessment test then being brought in to meet the other team members. They are looking for a "fit."

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected but asked to explain what you know about OppenheimerFunds.   Answer Question

Juniors Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter followed up about a month later. Then came the phone interview which was about 15 minutes followed an in-person interview a few days later. Nothing really difficult. Interviewed with the recruiter briefly and then an SVP. They spent more time talking about the position itself than asking me questions. Make sure you have a lot of questions. They were very hospitable and the office was very nice.

Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR. Got through that and had a superday. Fit and some very technical questions

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

They brought me in for on campus interview at school. Two current investment banking analysts interviewed me at the same time. The interview started with some brief behavioral questions for first half, followed by a brainteaser, and ended with an accounting question.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle between the hands of the clock at 3:15   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Centennial, CO) in August 2008.

Interview

Phone interview then two in-person interviews with two different groups of people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why they should hire me over some other candidate. That's their job to answer that, I thought.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to get an additional two days of vacation in the first year.
    They offered an $8K signing bonus to make up the difference between my requested salary ($115K) and offered ($107K).

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy and fraught. They tend to be looking for something very specific but you'll have to figure out what it is in the first interview and then tailor your approach from there.

Interview Questions

• Because they're looking for something very specific, it's often difficult to come up with an exact facsimile from your past experience, even though the sum of the parts clearly indicates you'd have no problem satisfying the role. Be creative, and read the company's website to make sure you're current because campaigns change frequently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My recruiter negotiated for me.

Fund Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Centennial, CO) in March 2008.

Interview

I gave them my resume at my college career fair. They were conducting prelim interviews on campus and I was selected for one of those interview spots. A few days later I got a call asking me to go to the Centennial office for another interview -- some same people -- some new people. After that I got a call a week or so later offering me the position!

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in which you failed. What did you learn about it and how would you change things in the future.   Answer Question
    • What is a mutual fund.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For me there wasnt a negotiation process. They told me what the offer was, and I took it.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Centennial, CO) in July 2010.

Interview

I had two interview. First through HR, then with a Supervisor and one other person. I sat with someone who had the job. You have to decide if you want to be on the phone. Not alot of movement as they indicated.