Oprah Winfrey Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oprah Winfrey Network

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews in the span of a week. The first was via telephone w/ HR assistant. The next was with the team I'd be working under, lastly was SVP and CMO - all two days a part. After a week, I followed up with HR - no response. I discovered the position was filled, with no notification of decision, via LinkedIn, when the new hire posted and happened to be in my network. Entire process left a bad impression of the network (which I am genuinely a fan of), and their business practices - which all reflect poorly on Winfrey. And producing great work reflective of her was stressed throughout the interview, the memo never made it to HR I presume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network.

Interview

1. submit resume/cover letter online
    2. phone call from HR recruiter to hear about my background and tell me about the internship role and program
    3. skype interview w/ my future boss, another member of the team - very chill, conversational
    4. phone call with my boss' boss, just to talk with her about her career and experience at OWN (also very relaxed)
    phone call from HR shortly after telling me that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself
      Q: What questions do you have for me   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through email and was asked to come into the New York City office for a 1:1 interview. The hiring professional didn't ask too many difficult questions. We went over my resume and she asked about previous experiences. She gave me an overview of the job position and what the job entailed. I didn't get asked too many difficult or unexpected questions. I felt comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process. The hiring professional asked me to complete an assignment to move onto the second round of interviews. After completing it, I got asked to come back again. I emailed the hiring professional to see if there were any updates because she said she would notify me by the end or beginning of the week. I didn't get any response nor did they return my phone call.

Sales Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screening call by HR and then interviews with the Sales Manager and Director of Operations. The interviewers asked standard questions that were not too difficult.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network in July 2014.

Interview

Spoke on the phone with head of IT, then met in person to discuss my resume and current projects. Was given a coding test to prove my skills. I told them about my current job and how I best created solutions to modern day problems.

Interview Questions

• Development background. IT solutions, architecture.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone call with vice president, followed my a personal interview with two lead developers. The initial phone interview is very introductory and is based on your personality and how much you like working in media. Do you like to watch TV? Are you into celebrity, philanthropy, production, cinema?

If that goes well they will bring you in person where you talk more about your technical experience and convey to them how this will make OWN a better company. They will match your past with the company's present outlook to see if there's a match. If so, they will get to the technical part which is a physical test to see if you know your craft.

They will compare your answers with other candidates to make a formed decision. Hiring process took two weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick, there was a programming test to take, mostly Perl and SQL questions with a few gotchas. People are nice, work culture is odd, they try to give the impression of being one of those "hip, cool" companies, but it's really it's business as usual.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network in May 2009.

Interview

Was asked to come in five separate times to meet with five different people. I felt this showed little respect for my time, and a general lack of efficiency on their part. After these five interviews, I got a templated non-personal email letting me know they had decided to hire someone else. I found the whole experience kind of unorganized.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to put tougher a draft on some website changes I would make.   1 Answer
    • They had their HR person quiz me on terminology i.e. what is a 404 re-direct, what is a CRM.   Answer Question