OptiMedica Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at OptiMedica

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OptiMedica (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

My resume went to the HR rep through a networking event I attended. There was no phone interview.

Interviewed with six people (each was 1:1) on the same day: hiring manager, Director of Operations, design engineer, H.R. rep., R&D engineer (who was moving out of the ME role), VP of Operations. It was to be a "360 degree interview". They use a lot of situational interviewing, i.e.: "tell me about a time when you...". Their philosophy of hiring is "past performance is the best indicator of future performance", that is a quote from the HR rep. The HR Rep. did an excellent job of coaching me on what to expect in the interview. He wanted it to be a level playing field, so I could interview them as much as they were interviewing me. I had half an hour with each person except the last two who had 45 min. each.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience in two area that I had no experience in.   Answer Question