Optimizely Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Optimizely Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Finished the phone interview, then I flew to SF for an onsite interview. The onsite interviews were 2 rounds of coding, 1 round of design, and 1 round of interview with the hiring manager. The interviewers in my coding sessions were pretty mean, and the questions they asked were marked as HARD questions in leetcode. Unfortunately I did not prepare one of the HARD questions asked and I was stumbled upon that one. The hard questions they asked are totally irrelevant to their work. The interviewers are not trained to seek what the company looks for from a candidate/software engineer - totally a waste of the company's money and time for my onsite interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Worst process. Cleared the phone round. Next step was onsite round. And in middle the recruiter says they are no longer hiring for this role.
    If they did not want to hire why to waste candidate's time. Now I feel I should not have interviewed for such company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Straight forward and speedy. Question had a trick you had to notice but besides that not too bad. Disappointed that my interviewer was incorrect on how space complexity in recursion worked (You have a space complexity equal to the number of 'layers' in the recursion. My interviewer thought that the space complexity of recursion is O(1) if you aren't storing any data in the levels of recursion, ignoring the data taken up by the function calls on the stack.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optimizely in April 2017.

Interview

Initial call with the recruiter which was then followed by a technical phone screen with a hiring manager. The process was fairly quick and prompt with respect to screening and follow-up questions.

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process took 3 weeks total. I had two 1/2 hour phone screens, one with the recruiter, and one with the CS Team Lead. I was invited onsite to meet the rest of the team. I was suppose to meet with 4 people, but one person was out sick.

The line up was Team Lead, Sr. CSM, and CSM for Strategic accounts. I spent 45 minutes with each person

Interview Questions

• 1.) What is your biggest failure?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question
    • Role playing where I am acting as a customer - what questions would I have about Optimizely?   Answer Question
    • Use Case: Customers are shopping on a website that sells shoes. Customers are 1.) presented with a shoe 2.) Clicks on the shoe 3.) Adds shoe to the shopping cart 4.) Checks out, and 100% of customers sees the shoe, 80% clicks on the shoe, 20% adds the shoe to the shopping cart, and 5% checks out. You act as a product marketing person and start asking questions to the interviewer about what you would want to learn and approve based on this scenario.   Answer Question
    • How are you measured today at your current job?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize and what tools do you ise to track your activities?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Great process. People humble and intelligent. Smooth interview process with relevant questions. They will get back in 24/48 hours
    It was from 10-30-4pm ...even though the day was long it was well planned included lunch with couple of engineers
    Everyone was friendly and encouraging
    I enjoyed the process and would love to work for this company

Interview Questions

• Related to field. System design/ algorithms and JavaScript   1 Answer

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter was amazing, took the time to explain everything. Interview was well run and very respectful. Tough but fair. Nice downtown office space -- I genuinely liked everyone I met. I've marked 'No Offer' but am actually looking forward to next round!

Interview Questions

• Why would you be interested in working here?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted and screened by recruiter. Had a brief call with the hiring manager then was brought in for a short onsite. Onsite consisted of a brief tour of the office and a short presentation to a group of 6 people. Was called 3 day afterwards by a recruiter and told she was waiting for all stakeholders before she was able to share a decision. Did not hear back after that, lack of closure not the greatest interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for a launch of x product.   1 Answer

Director of Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process spanned several days and was recruiting out of state for the role. The standard recruiter phone screen and then phone calls with team members was followed. Finally, they flew me out to San Fransisco for an all day interview with the various teams and leaders I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you "fast-failed."
      Q: What would you do in the first 30 days?
      Q: Tell me about a successful process you implemented?
      Q: What global experience have you had?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewing at Optimizely was by far the best interview experience I've ever had. The interviews were scheduled quickly, my recruiter was beyond prepared and knowledgeable about the role, and my on site visit was incredibly smooth and enjoyable. I could feel that my interviewers actually wanted to be there with me (sadly, sometimes a rarity) and they truly wanted to evaluate if the role was a mutual fit. It was a personable and intimate interview experience that really reflected how much Optimizely cares about its employees.

I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience interviewing at Optimizely!