Optimizely Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Optimizely

3.1

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Finished the phone interview, then I flew to SF for an onsite interview. The onsite interviews were 2 rounds of coding, 1 round of design, and 1 round of interview with the hiring manager. The interviewers in my coding sessions were pretty mean, and the questions they asked were marked as HARD questions in leetcode. Unfortunately I did not prepare one of the HARD questions asked and I was stumbled upon that one. The hard questions they asked are totally irrelevant to their work. The interviewers are not trained to seek what the company looks for from a candidate/software engineer - totally a waste of the company's money and time for my onsite interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Worst process. Cleared the phone round. Next step was onsite round. And in middle the recruiter says they are no longer hiring for this role.
    If they did not want to hire why to waste candidate's time. Now I feel I should not have interviewed for such company.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of 4 1-hour long technical interviews at their office. Everyone was very nice and professional, and offered me many snacks! They were able to schedule the interview very quickly to accomodate my timeline.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to implement a hashmap.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for one of the opening on LinkedIn. Got a got from recruiter. Totally 3 rounds

1. Telephonic round (Screen / Technical or both)
    2. Online coding challenge (1 hour)
    3. Onsite

I think if you are a Computer Science major and know the basics well, have taken enough coding practices you can crack it. It was a positive experience. I could not complete teh assignment during the call but the interview was happy to receive the code and see it. Though I got a reject, I think that is definitely great. Atleast you solve the complete problem to send it across to the interviewer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer told me that I should host my projects as web applications online. That would've been interesting to do, except that my projects were mainly algorithmic and not web apps. So I felt some bias towards web devs.

Anyhow, I get the question - which is the palindrome one that I saw mentioned in other reviews. We go through my solution together and find ways we can improve it. All in all, a pretty good experience.

At the end the interviewer slams says bye and slams down the phone before I can hang up. I guess someone was in a rush..

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Optimizely.

Interview

First went through a phone screening. Next was technical phone interview in which you have 50 minutes to solve a coding problem. Interviewer was genuine, helpful, and honest. Very fair interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very standard process in terms of your typical engineering recruitment (phone screen > tech-assess > culture fit). That said, the team managing the hiring is incredibly on the ball - quick to answer emails, give/take plenty of feedback, helpful with all needs. This company, as a whole, "gets people" and it shows from the product to the teams, especially the People Operations group.

Interview Questions

• Various small to medium questions around sorting, optimizations and efficiency (big-O), hashes, and other generic high-level programming concepts. No hard to very-hard technical questions, which is a plus. Generally were more "range" than "depth" questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Straight forward and speedy. Question had a trick you had to notice but besides that not too bad. Disappointed that my interviewer was incorrect on how space complexity in recursion worked (You have a space complexity equal to the number of 'layers' in the recursion. My interviewer thought that the space complexity of recursion is O(1) if you aren't storing any data in the levels of recursion, ignoring the data taken up by the function calls on the stack.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Optimizely.

Interview

I had two phone interviews (a behavioral one, and a technical one), then an onsite interview. The phone interviews were with the VP of Engineering (behavioral) and an engineer (technical).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for a backend engineer position. Technical phone screen followed by onsite.

Spoke to a hiring manager before technical interviews, but the manager wasn't from the team I was interviewing for. He wrote a coding problem on whiteboard, went out of room, and came back after 10 minutes to tell me his time is up.

Other coding interviews were pretty straightforward, except that one of the interviewers (also from a different team) kept insisting I write front-end code which I know very little about.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers (from a different team) kept insisting I write front-end code which I know very little about.   Answer Question