Optimizely Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Great process. People humble and intelligent. Smooth interview process with relevant questions. They will get back in 24/48 hours
    It was from 10-30-4pm ...even though the day was long it was well planned included lunch with couple of engineers
    Everyone was friendly and encouraging
    I enjoyed the process and would love to work for this company

Interview Questions

• Related to field. System design/ algorithms and JavaScript   1 Answer

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter was amazing, took the time to explain everything. Interview was well run and very respectful. Tough but fair. Nice downtown office space -- I genuinely liked everyone I met. I've marked 'No Offer' but am actually looking forward to next round!

Interview Questions

• Why would you be interested in working here?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted and screened by recruiter. Had a brief call with the hiring manager then was brought in for a short onsite. Onsite consisted of a brief tour of the office and a short presentation to a group of 6 people. Was called 3 day afterwards by a recruiter and told she was waiting for all stakeholders before she was able to share a decision. Did not hear back after that, lack of closure not the greatest interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for a launch of x product.   1 Answer

Director of Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process spanned several days and was recruiting out of state for the role. The standard recruiter phone screen and then phone calls with team members was followed. Finally, they flew me out to San Fransisco for an all day interview with the various teams and leaders I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you "fast-failed."
      Q: What would you do in the first 30 days?
      Q: Tell me about a successful process you implemented?
      Q: What global experience have you had?
      Answer Question

Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two phone conversations and one 3 hour onsite, with different employees. Overall, this was a good experience that introduced me to the employees and environment well. I wish I was able to talk more about my specific position in or prior to the interview.

Alliances Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely.

Interview

Overall it was good process. I Spoke to a recruiter initially for 30-40 minutes and then was setup with the hiring manager. I then spoke with the hiring manager for roughly an hour and the discussion was very conversational, which was great. The discussion was a combination of drilling into my background as well as discussing the specific of the position they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my background, specifics about what I have done that relate to the role they were hiring for.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen, then a phone interview, and finally onsite interviews. The recruiter was difficult to reach and eventually I gave up. Would have appreciated the courtesy of hearing back.

Mid Senior Client Services Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optimizely in June 2016.

Interview

I'm convinced the girl who interviewed me is a robot. She was reading off a sheet of paper very quickly (I could tell this over the phone) and her questions were statements. It was the weirdest thing. She would just state things about the company and have a long pause and I would sit there and then realize, "oh, I guess I talk here?" It was so bad. I'm guessing they already had their candidate lined-up, because this seemed like the type of interview you do when you already know who you want to hire but have to go around giving everyone a "fair" shake.

Given how horrible this hr chick was, if they ask me for a second interview I won't take it. I don't want to work for a place where the first person you talk to sounds dead on the inside. What if that's me a month from now if I ever worked there? Get your crap together, Optimizely. If you want great candidates, make sure you have the first person those candidates talk to actually sound friggin' interested in them.

Interview Questions

• Well it wasn't a question (see review), but she stated that optimizely seeks candidates with passion (irony, I know).   1 Answer

Corporate Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Seamless. Phone Screen, followed by phone interview, followed by in-person interviews. In between each step, I received phone calls to set me up for the next step. Everything was very thorough and friendly. I was incredibly impressed with the recruiter's communication. It was clear to me that they want to set candidates up for success but also are aware of the competitive market and are doing a great job of setting themselves apart from other companies. The experience impressed me and made me want to be a part of the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize communicating with a large client base?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for one of the opening on LinkedIn. Got a got from recruiter. Totally 3 rounds

1. Telephonic round (Screen / Technical or both)
    2. Online coding challenge (1 hour)
    3. Onsite

I think if you are a Computer Science major and know the basics well, have taken enough coding practices you can crack it. It was a positive experience. I could not complete teh assignment during the call but the interview was happy to receive the code and see it. Though I got a reject, I think that is definitely great. Atleast you solve the complete problem to send it across to the interviewer