Opus Bank Customer Service Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Opus Bank

1 Interview Review

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Opus Bank (Irvine, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I found the job on Monster and applied online. Within a week I received a call from the recruiter asking me questions on the phone and trying to get a feel for me. She seemed to really enjoy talking to me and I her. She told me that she was going to pass my name to the manager of the branch I was hiring for and they should call me in a week. If I didn't hear back I should call her back. A week went by in which I never heard anything so I called the recruiter back. She apologized saying that because the branch was in the process of being opened things were chaotic but give it another week and call her back again if I don't hear anything. Yet again another week went by without hearing anything so I called the recruiter back. At this point I found out the manager for the branch I applied for hadn't even started yet so they decided to have me do a phone interview with a manager from another branch. I did that within a few days of this call to the recruiter. The branch manager from the other branch called me and we spent about 45 minutes on the phone. The interview went very well and he told me that he was recommending the branch manager to personally meet with me and that he felt positive about me. At this point I believed everyone at the company I had talked to was great and I was excited about the opportunity. I called the recruiter back and she told me the manager I talked to was very impressed with me so she wants me to travel up to the headquarters (about 2 hours away) to meet with the branch manager when she starts. This is a month away. She also started the process of doing a credit check and background check so it would be completed by the time I made it to my last interview. I rented a room and made sure I was in the area on the day of the interview so I didn't get lost. When I met the manager of the actual branch I applied for she was very distracted and I knew right away she wasn't interested in me but I didn't know why. Before our interview even started she was making plans with someone else saying the interview wouldn't take her long. When it came time for me to ask questions I could barely get in 1 question before I was being rushed out of the office. I asked her if she would call me with an answer regardless if I got the job and she assured me she would. Because everyone had to travel out of town for this interview she expected to have an answer that day. I never heard from that company again. Despite the promise to call me that manager never picked up the phone to me and the recruiter never called. Although I speculate she had made up her mind before I ever came into the office I do not know what happened that day. However, I just have to say that when someone goes through an interview process for 2 months, and travels out of town for an interview, spending money on a hotel room it would at least be courtesy to stick by your word and call them to tell them they didn't get the job. Because of this interaction I admit that I have a bad impression of the company itself and certainly would never recommend interviewing there to anyone I know.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the area we are hiring for?   1 Answer