Opus CMC Collateral Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Opus CMC

1 Interview Review

Collateral Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus CMC (Lincolnshire, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I spoke on a conference call with an HR person out of Jacksonville and a manager out of Lincolnshire. Both were professional and courteous. I am a 25 year plus veteran of the banking and housing industry with over 15 years experience directly relevant to the job in question including working as a vendor for direct competitors to Opus. The pay for the position seems low from my point of view but I believe that is at least partially due the work I am used to which appears to call for a much greater scope of work than what would be called for in this role with Opus. I asked a number of what I thought were pointed questions which relate to some of the negative reviews this company has received here. The responses I received seemed to support the reviews, i.e. the work environment, little chance for advancement, risk of layoffs/on call status, etc. These questions were maybe not the most appropriate for a first interview over the phone but at this point in my career, I prefer to weed out companies that are not a fit for me and vice versa. Considering the proclivity for reviewers to accent the negative, the responses are not enough for me to not move forward in the interviewing process. A site visit would probably clear many of those questions. The interview ended with statement that the Lincolnshire manager would coordinate an in person interview. To date that has not occurred.

Interview Questions